The Emergency During An Emergency

"Lion Guard! Where are you Lion Guard?! There's an emergency!" yelled a zebra while running across the Pridelands. Luckily for the zebra, he found the Lion Guard relatively quickly.

"We're right here. What's the emergency?" the leader of the Lion Guard, Kion, asked the panicked zebra.

"My friend, he's trapped in the river! I think he's tangled in some underwater vines of some sort!"

"How does that even happen?" Fuli asked, not in a shameful way, but in a perplexed way.

"I don't know, but it's our duty to help this zebra's friend," Kion, being the leader, said to his Guard.

So, the zebra started to run toward where his trapped friend was stuck. Once they got there, the Lion Guard being the Lion Guard brainstormed ideas to help the friend, who was also a zebra. Whilst they were doing that, it started to rain.

"Great, just our luck," Fuli said as she shook her head with a disbelieving chuckle.

"It's okay, we've got this. We've helped much worse animals in need during rain," Kion said, not wanting his Guard to lose confidence. "But what I do know is that the rain will make the river worse; we need to act quickly before he drowns."

The zebra, at this point, was barely breathing. He hardly had his head above water and was gasping for short breaths of air.

The Guard devised a plan on how to save the zebra. The plan involved Kion going underwater to untie the vines from the zebra. The rest of the animals in the Guard then would get the zebra out of the river.

Everything had been good up to that point. In fact, Kion even managed to untie/rip out the vines holding the zebra down; the rest of the Guard managed to pull the zebra out of the river successfully.

However, that's where things started to get worse. Kion, while untying and ripping out the vines, managed to somehow tangle his paws up in the vines. Since the vines were no longer connected to the floor, Kion was being moved by the river. But since his paws were tangled, he could not swim out of the river. Luckily for Kion, he was able to remain afloat in the river.

"I'm *cough* tangled!" yelled Kion to his Guard. Every effort he made was in vain, the current was too strong to swim in with tangled paws.

His guard tried to help him, but the storm was making it more difficult by the minute.

"Don't worry, Kion!" Bunga said to his best friend. "We'll get you!"

"Ono! Anga! Fly ahead and keep in contact with Kion!" Fuli stated, taking charge of the situation.

Even with the rain, the animals of the Lion Guard, except the trapped Kion, were able to come up with a plan to get Kion out of the water.

"We almost got you!" Bunga said as the Guard was about to get Kion, and Kion was about to be saved, until.....*boom*!

A log was floating on the river, and it hit Kion square, rendering him unconscious on the spot.

"Uh oh," Beshte gasped.

"Kion? Can you hear us?" Fuli called, but got no response.

"I think Kion got knocked out from that log," Ono said to the rest of the Guard.

"Great! I can barely see two feet in front of me because of the rain and now we can't talk with Kion," Fuli sighed, and she wasn't kidding. The rain was making it almost impossible to see ahead.

It was at this point the Guard was getting frantic.

As if on cue, Beshte tripped over a rock, which he didn't see, and Fuli and Bunga ran into each other, causing each of them to stumble and fall.

Anga, even with her great vision, couldn't see the tree in front of her and accidentally crashed into it. Ono, while looking at Kion, heard Anga crash into the tree. Just in time, Ono looked up and managed to avoid the tree, but in doing so, he lost eye contact with Kion. Even after flying faster than he ever had before and looking the hardest he's ever looked before, the river carried Kion too far to see.

After about 5 minutes, the rain calmed down enough to see a little bit ahead of them. The Guard was able to come back together, but it was without Kion.

"Okay...here's what we are going to do: Anga and Ono, you guys fly along the river to locate where the river may have taken Kion. Beshte and Bunga, you guys follow Anga and Ono. If they locate him, get him out of the water. I'm going to tell the royal family of the news," Fuli said to the Guard as they all split up.

Fuli, while running to Pride Rock, ran into the zebras they just saved.

"Is Kion safe?" the zebras asked Fuli.

"I hope so," she replied as she blazed past the zebras.