Boyfriend?

"Hello."

"Ummm...hi," Kion replied, unsure how to start a conversation with the tiger. "What's your name?"

"Ekon," the tiger answered. "And thank you so much. I don't know if I could've gotten out without your help."

"No problem, Ekon. It was actually one of the easiest rescues I ever had to do," Kion chuckled, remembering the stupid sentences they had called out. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you get lost?"

"I was being chased by this group of leopards. They chased me into this cave, and I just kept on running until I couldn't hear them any more."

"Your Pride didn't help you?" Rani questioned, wondering why he was being chased.

"I don't belong to a Pride," the tiger answered nonchalantly.

"Oh," Rani slightly gasped, a little shocked. "Do you have...like a group of friends that help each other?"

"Nope. I'm what they call a lone wolf...but a tiger, of course."

"Have you ever thought about joining a Pride?" Kion asked Ekon.

"No, not really," Ekon shrugged. "I was never brought up that way. It was just Mom, Dad, and me. They're in a...better place now, but I've managed to get by on my own."

Kion gave an apologetic look toward Ekon. "Would you be interested in joining a Pride?"

"Even if I was, what would it matter?"

"Well," Kion mentioned, a smile appearing on his face, "you just so happen to be talking to the Prince of the Pridelands..."

"...And the Princess of the Tree of life," Rani completed the sentence, smiling.

"I'm sure both of your Prides are great," Ekon began, "but I'm going to be honest, I've never heard of either of those places before. Even if I had, I would still stay alone...it's more comforting."

"I understand," Kion said. "You've lived like this your whole life. But, if you ever need a place to live, or just take refuge for a few days, you'll be welcomed at either of our Prides."

"Absolutely," Rani agreed.

"Well, thank you guys, it means a lot. Do you mind if I get your names?" Ekon asked the duo.

"No, of course not. I'm Rani."

"And I'm Kion."

"Kion, Rani, I thank you for your help and kind offer. I wish you well in...uhhh...whatever you're doing."

Kion nodded his head. "We were glad to help. Hopefully we'll see you again one day."

"Maybe...just maybe," Ekon muttered before walking away from the duo.

Once Ekon was out of eyesight, Kion shrugged. "Well that was interesting."

"That it was," Rani agreed. "I can't believe someone would want to live on their own with no help. It must be hard to survive."

Kion nodded his head. "Yeah, it makes you wonder how many people want to join a Pride but can't. Or, for that matter, how many Ekons there are that need help."

Rani shook her head in agreement. What followed next was awkward silence as their confession toward one another had been interrupted.

So, I confessed my feelings toward her, asked her to be my girlfriend, and then we got interrupted. However, she hasn't brought it up. Maybe she doesn't want to be.

So, he confessed his feelings toward me, asked me to be his girlfriend, and then we got interrupted. However, he hasn't brought it up. Maybe it was an impulsive decision.