6. Questions

Rhea and her mother arrived him around seven in the evening

Rhea and her mother arrived him around seven in the evening. She rushed to her room, hastily changed into pajamas and flopped onto her bed. She couldn't wait to tell Liza about her day. The excitement of seeing him was still running through her body. She grabbed the phone and was just about to dial Liza's number when it started ringing.

Thinking it might be Liza calling, they were often in sync like that, she snatched up the receiver with a cheery hello.

But it wasn't Liza. An extremely cute male voice said, "Hey!"

She froze. It was Adam! How should she respond? Think Rhea! She yelled internally. Don't freeze up now she warned herself. She sometimes let her nervousness get the better of her.

"Hi!"

She sounded both terrified and excited. Was that the best you can do? She scolded herself internally.

"Are you busy?" He asked in a soft voice.

She detected some uncertainty in his tone. She hoped that he wouldn't end the call too soon.

"No, I'm not."

"What are you doing?" He inquired curiously.

"Just about to call Liza."

"Oh..." he paused. "I was so surprised to see you today."

She could detect a smile in his voice. She recalled the way her heart had filled with joy when she'd recognized him.

"Me too! At first I didn't think it was you," she admitted.

He laughed, "I couldn't believe my eyes either. Thought I was dreaming and that's why I was staring like an idiot."

She giggled. Did that mean that he dreamt of her or thought of her before he slept? She felt a warm rush of excitement run through her body at the thought that he was thinking of her regularly.

"I told my brother about meeting you."

"Was that who you were painting with?"

"Yeah, that's my big brother."

"What exactly did you tell him?" She asked. She didn't think there was much to tell about her. In her opinion she was not fascinating in any form. Also, she was dying to know if he was as crazy about her as she was about him.

"You know, how we met and so on."

"Oh...ok."

"I actually wanted to ask you something."

"Ok."

She kept quiet and waited for him to speak. What was he going to ask? She felt poised on the verge of some new revelation that would determine the direction of their conversation.

He cleared his throat and then said sincerely, "I want to get to know you, if you'll let me."

Him saying those words made him sound a lot older than he really was. She was getting the feeling that he had some experience when it came to girls. She, on the other hand, had none when it came to boys. They were as foreign to her as aliens were. They were a whole other species of life.