Chapter 8

DAYS LATER, HOGWARTS, GREAT HALL, BREAKFAST

Pansy: Draco, eat your breakfast. All you've eaten the past few days were six green apples. You have to eat a proper meal, Draco. I'm starting to get really worried.

Draco: I don't feel like eating.

Blaise, too, was getting worried, though he hid it well.

Blaise: You can't cry over spilt mill forever, you know. At least eat one serving.

Draco hesitantly took one spoon of scrambled eggs.

Pansy: You have to eat more than that.

Draco: I'm full.

Blaise: You can't be full, you haven't eaten anything else today.

Draco turns around to leave but before he could, Pansy grabbed hold of his arm.

Pansy: Draco, wait. Granger owled me, two nights ago about what happened between you and Potter.

Draco: Let go off me, Pansy.

Pansy: I think you should try to reason with him.

Draco: I don't see the point in this conversation. Let. Me. Go.

Pansy: Potter's being unreasonable, you have to talk to him-

Draco (irritated): What? Do you think I'm stupid? Of course I already tried to talk things out with him, but he never showed up to meet me. When I see him in person, he turns the other way. Don't you understand, Pansy? He doesn't want anything to do with me.

Pansy: But-

Draco: Save it. See you in Transfiguration.

Draco left the Great Hall, both upset and annoyed.

Blaise turns to look at Pansy, who looked as if she was about to cry.

Blaise (to Pansy): I'm sure he'll come around... (muttering) I hope he will...

TRANSFIGURATION CLASS

Professor McGonagall: Today we will be learning how to do human transfiguration. I recommend you pay close attention, human transfiguration is harder than any other. Let's start simple.

Professor McGonagall went on about how to change the colour of your eyebrows.

Professor McGonagall: Do be careful for if it is performed poorly, you may be stuck in your transfigured state.

With a wave of her wand, mirrors appeared in front of the students so that they could see their eyebrows.

After hearing what McGonagall had just said, the class was afraid to try it on themselves. Eventually, the whole class had started trying to turn they're eyebrows another colour.

Nobody could do it, other than Hermione, who had difficulty doing it but managed it in the end.

Some time after Hermione accomplished it, Harry managed to do it by luck, though there was one problem... he was pointing his wand at Draco when he did so. Draco's eyebrows turned a bright pink.