Chapter 12

HOGWARTS WINTER BREAK, SCHOOL GROUNDS

Draco and Harry were lying in the snow, watching the sun go down before their eyes.

Harry: See? I told you a day in the snow would be fun.

Draco: It was pretty fun when I beat you. Hah, you challenged me to a snow-wizard building competition and you still lost.

Harry: Yeah, I get it. You won. But you can't tell me you didn't have fun during the snowball fight, or when we made snow angels.

Draco: I suppose that was fun too.

Harry: You know, Draco, you're not so bad.

Draco: You're not so bad yourself, Potter.

Both looked at each other and smiled, before proceeding to watch the sunset.

CHRISTMAS DAY, HOGWARTS, ROOM OF REQUIREMENTS

Harry carried his few presents over to the Room of Requirements.

Draco: About time.

Harry: How'd you carry all your gifts here so fast? You have way more gifts than me.

Draco: Don't be stupid, I used magic.

Harry: Oh, right. Well, let's open our gifts then.

Harry opened his gift from Mrs Weasley to find her usual, thoughtful, hand-made gift, a scarlet jumper with a golden snitch on it.

Draco opened a present wrapped in golden wrapping paper and pulled on an expensive looking, Slytherin coloured jumper with the silver coloured name 'Draco' in a fancy font. On the back of the jumper was his last name, 'Malfoy' in the same fancy font.

Harry stared at Draco. Seeing his tall pile of presents reminded him of Dudley, his cousin. Draco opened another gift which contained a luxury quill. Draco frowned as he pushed the present aside.

Harry opened a package next with the names 'Fred' and 'George' on it. Inside were products from Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. Draco looked over at Harry, a slight look of jealousy could be seen on Draco's face.

Draco went on to open his third gift, a shiny silver Slytherin ring. He shoved it next to the previous present, and turned to watched Harry as he opened his next present.

Harry opened a neatly wrapped box from Hermione, which came a new broomstick servicing kit, with more and better quality items.

Draco's face was growing colder. He watched as Harry opened his 4th gift, from Ron and Ginny, who got him a new pair of gloves for Quidditch. Considering the Weasley family was not well-to-do, he was grateful for the gift.

Draco tore open his next gift, a nice and costly diary, that he kicked aside like all the other presents (other than the jumper).

Harry: Why're you pushing all your gifts away? That's ungrateful of you, especially since those presents are so expensive looking.