Chapter 11

HOGWARTS, ROOM OF REQUIREMENTS

Draco woke up.

Harry: Hi.

Draco sat up from Harry's lap.

Draco (stretching): What time is it?

Harry: Around 4:45pm, we should get going.

Harry helped Draco up.

Harry: Before you leave, could I ask you a question?

Draco: Yeah, shoot.

Harry: Are you um... are you in a relationship? With Pansy or something?

Draco laughed.

Draco: You think I'm in a relationship with Pansy? She's like a sister to me. And I'm not in any other relationship, by the way.

Harry: Oh, alright.

Draco: Why'd you ask?

Harry (avoiding the question): I'll see you during Christmas break then?

Draco: Will do.

GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM

Hermione: Ron, I know you'll always have something against Draco but you've got to try and get along with him. I mean, Harry and Draco are friends now-

Ron: Yeah. Harry and Draco are friends. Not Draco and I.

Hermione: Well, now that they're friends, we'll be seeing more of him. Besides, you said it yourself, you think Draco's changed.

Ron: I reckon he's changed, yes, but that doesn't undo everything he's said and done to us over the past five years. He hasn't done anything to make up for it.

Hermione: He's been nicer to us.

Ron: There's only one thing he likes about us, and that thing is our best friend, Harry. That's the same reason he's nice to us-

Just then, Harry entered through the portrait hole.

Harry: I heard my name from off. What'd I miss?

Hermione: Nothing, really. How'd it go with Draco?

Harry talked about his experience at the Room of Requirements, but Ron and Hermione weren't listening.

Hermione (out of earshot from Harry): You believe Draco's changed, give him a chance.

Ron: Fine...

Harry: Strange, isn't it?

Hermione: What is?

Harry: Weren't you listening? Draco's staying for Christmas.

Ron: He is? Why?

Harry: I just told you- nevermind. His Mother thinks it's safer here.