Chapter 17

HOGWARTS, CORRIDOR

It had been a week since Harry and Hermione told Ron about Harry's crush. Though Ron didn't like that Harry was into Draco, he was supportive of the idea that Harry was bisexual.

Harry smiled at Draco on seeing him. Draco ran away.

Ron: He's still avoiding you, huh?

Harry (upset): Unfortunately. I shouldn't have used that spell...

Ron: Cheer up, mate. He'll come around.

Harry: I sure hope so. He hasn't been meeting up with me in the Room of Requirements either.

Harry was dying to find out why Draco had been avoiding him. He could tell that Hermione knew the reason, but she didn't tell him when he asked.

Harry: Hermione, is there anything you want to tell me regarding this situation.

Hermione (nervous): I don't know what you're talking about.

She walked faster ahead of them and was out of sight.

Ron: She definitely knows something. It's a shame you couldn't come to the Four Founders Ball.

Harry: How was it? With you and Hermione? I forgot to ask about it.

Ron: It went well. Better than the Yule Ball for sure.

Harry laughs.

Harry: Good for you.

SLYTHERIN COMMON ROOM

Draco (crying): It's not fair.

Pansy pats him on the back.

Draco: I didn't choose- I didn't want this...

Pansy: I know, Draco.

Draco: He probably has the impression that I hate him. Everything between us is just- it's gone...

Pansy: Is there any way... to convince your Father-

Draco: Hardly.

Pansy: You can't let your Father take control of your life, Draco. You have to be rebellious. Stand up for yourself. You don't want to watch your relationship with Harry crumble, do you?

Draco (sobbing): He'll... He'll abandon me if-

Pansy: Do you really think your Mother is going to let that happen? To her only Son? I've met her, she cares a lot about you.

Draco: But-

Pansy: I'll leave you to think about it.

Pansy leaves the room, Draco is left to think about what to do next.

GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM

Harry: He just won't talk to me.

Hermione: Send him a letter. You'll have to use one of the school owls, so he won't know it's from you until he opens it.

Harry: Brilliant. Thanks, Hermione.

SLYTHERIN COMMON ROOM

Draco was still reflecting upon what Pansy said when a handsome owl flew it. It stuck out it's leg for Draco to untie the letter that was wrapped on it. Just as Draco untied the letter, it flew off.

Draco's Thoughts: What's this?

Dear Draco,

                      I don't care how long I have to wait, just know that I'll wait for you. I'll keep waiting until you're ready. I'll wait.

-Harry Potter

Tears ran down Draco's eyes as he read it. He was touched. All his life, that's all he ever wanted to hear.

HOGWARTS, GREAT HALL

Harry could feel a gaze from the other side of the Great Hall. He turned around and saw Draco, who hastily looked away, blushing.

Were his eyes playing tricks on him, or did Draco actually take notice of him?

Harry: Did you see that?

Ron: See what?

Harry: Draco. He was looking at me.

Hermione: It's probably the letter.

Harry (blushing): You think so?

Ron: What did you write to him, anyway?

Harry (avoiding the question): Blimey- we're going to be late for Potions.

Hermione: We have an hour until Potions start.

Harry: Right- I better go get my book.

Harry leaves. Ron and Hermione cast suspicious looks at him as he does so.

HOGWARTS, CORRIDOR

Familiar Voice: Hey, Potter!

Harry turned around. A tall, blonde, Slytherin was standing before him, smiling.

Harry: Draco, I-

He runs over to hug Harry. Harry was surprised.

Draco: I don't say this often but- I'm sorry. For avoiding you.

Harry: Well, why did you?

Draco: It's a long story...

Harry: Why are you apologising to me so suddenly?

Draco: I didn't want you to wait any longer.

Harry blushes.

Draco: Again, I'm sorry that I-

Harry (smiling): I forgive you.

Draco: Still friends?

Harry: No matter what.

[I'm so sorry for another relatively short part. I'll try to make the next few parts longer. I've been working on the song, sorry this came out so late but I hope you enjoyed it.]