Chapter 13

OUTSIDE THE THREE BROOMSTICKS

Harry: I didn't know you knew how to apparate. How'd you learn to? You're not yet 17.

Draco: I learnt the basics from Mother. Of course, she didn't want me to try it out myself, that was the first time I apparated. To be honest, I can't believe I succeeded, it could have gone horribly wrong.

Harry: Well, I'm glad you did succeed. Too bad we didn't get the Butterbeer in the end. You dropped them both.

Draco: Correction, I only dropped one bottle.

Draco pulled out a bottle of Butterbeer.

Draco: Want to share?

Harry: I'd like that.

HOGWARTS, AFTER CHRISTMAS BREAK, GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM

Ron: So... Harry, how was your Christmas?

Hermione: I hope you didn't have to spend it alone. We're so sorry we-

Harry (grinning): It was brilliant.

Hermione: It was? Wow- that's wonderful.

Ron: Glad you had a good time. What were you up to?

Harry: I spent my Christmas with Draco. He's quite fun to hang around once you get to know him.

Ginny enters the room.

Harry: Ginny!

Harry runs over to hug her. She hugs him back.

Harry: How was your Christmas?

Ginny: It was great, we got to learn a lot about dragons. We even got to pet one, too. How was your Christmas, Harry, Hermione?

Hermione: It went well. It felt nice to be able to spend Christmas with my family this year. I loved it.

Harry: I've been talking to Draco a lot, we spent winter break together.

Ginny: You two have really been getting along recently, huh? I'm glad you both put a stop to your ridiculous feud.

Hermione: I agree.

Ron: It wasn't ridiculous, Malfoy really knows how to make somebody blood boil.

Harry: Well, the point is, things are going good- between Malfoy and I. I- I think we'll get on well.

Hermione: I sure hope so.

Ginny: I really am glad you and Draco are friends now. It seems like he makes you happy- and I- seeing you happy makes me happy.

Harry (smiling warmly): Thanks, Ginny.

Ron: What'd you say we finishing unpacking and go down for dinner? I'm starving.

Hermione: Oh, you're always starving.

SLYTHERIN COMMON ROOM