Day 3: Heroes

On a sunny afternoon after a regular day at school, the sixth grade children headed to Gerald Field to play baseball, as they've done for two years.

The gang had decided to switch their baseball positions from time to time, and this particular day, Arnold was the catcher.

It was Harold's turn to bat, and as he hit the baseball with his bat, Arnold watched out in the field.

Helga was on the third base, and Arnold noticed that the baseball was going towards her head, getting closer to it. Helga also seemed zoned out, like she wasn't going to catch the ball or even notice it. Arnold then got flashbacks when he accidentally hit Helga in the head with a baseball and she got amnesia. Arnold was paranoid and protective, and also didn't want a repeat of two years ago. So he abandoned his position as catcher and sprinted over to Helga and took her hand, pulling her out of the way in instinct.

"Arnold, we're in the middle of a game. I mean, I get eager to hold your hand too, but still." Helga said.

"Helga, you were almost hit in the head with the baseball! I didn't want a repeat of two years ago." Arnold explained.

"Arnold, you left the game!" Harold called out.

"I don't care, I had to save my girlfriend!" Arnold replied.

"I zoned out, didn't I, damn it... well in that case, thank you for saving me, hero. Even if it wasn't that dire." Helga said.

"Well I couldn't see you get beaned again." Arnold said.

"And also, I did love holding your hand." He added quietly.

"Okay, let's get back to the game!" Harold called out.

"You're also the hero of my heart." Helga whispered before Arnold went back to his spot.