Day 7: Marriage/Lights

It was Christmas day, and since Helga was coming over to the boarding house for the holidays, Arnold had a special gift planned for Helga.

It was their first Christmas together as college graduates, and Arnold was going to be proposing marriage to Helga. He loved her just as much as she loved him, and he couldn't imagine his life with anyone else besides the pink bowed blonde. He knew for sure it was time.

When Helga came over to the boarding house, she was feeling joy to be spending her Christmas with Arnold. But she didn't know she was going to be feeling even more joy and excitement later in the day.

A few hours went by, and it was time to pop the question. Arnold had a different and non traditional way of proposing, and his heart was palpitating as he got ready.

Arnold brought Helga over to the Christmas tree, and there were some unlit lights on the wall next to the tree.

"Helga... I've never been able to imagine my life without you, not even in elementary school. And I especially can't imagine my life without you now, because you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I've known you were the one for a long time now. And I just want to ask you..." Arnold proclaimed, and then grabbed the little white remote for the lights on the wall. They lit up brightly, spelling out "Helga Geraldine Pataki, will you marry me?" In pink and blue letters.

"Will you make me the happiest man alive?" Arnold finished.

Helga put her hands over her mouth and was emotionally speechless. She had wanted to marry Arnold ever since she met Arnold, her first monologue to him even saying she wanted to marry him. And she finally got to. Helga put her sarcastic additude aside and showed that her heart turned to mush and how excited she was.

"Oh my god Arnold, of course I will!" Helga exclaimed to her new fiancé.

Arnold knelt down and slipped the engagement ring on her ring finger, entering them in the next chapter of their lives.

Eight months later...

It was time for the big day. Arnold and Helga's wedding. The hearts of the two blondes were filled with so much bliss and excitement as they arrived at the wedding chapel that they were getting married at.

"Do you, Arnold Shortman, take Helga Pataki as your lawfully wedded wife?" The officiator asked.

"I do." Arnold answered as he gazed into Helga's electric blue eyes.

"Do you, Helga Pataki, take Arnold Shortman, as your lawfully wedded husband?" The officiator asked Helga.

"I do." Helga said.

"You may kiss the bride." The officator said.

The two blondes then hugged each other tightly, then dipping each other down into a breathtaking kiss, just like in Helga's dream in the fourth grade. It was their first kiss as newlyweds, and it was ecstatic and passionate, and most of all, filled with love.

After the ceremony, Arnold and Helga left in a car that had the words "Just Married", once again like Helga's dream from ages ago. They were going to the airport so they could leave for Paris, their honeymoon destination.

When they checked into their hotel the next day, Arnold carried Helga into their room bridal style. Arnold set Helga down on their hotel bed once they arrived, and Arnold laced his fingers with Helga's, holding her hand. He then straddled Helga and kissed her. Helga kissed Arnold back ectasticly while her heart raced more than ever before.

Breaking the kiss, Arnold said, "I love you, so much, Helga Shortman."

"I love you too, I'll love you forever." Helga said.

Then they got lost in their passionate world, as a married couple who knew for a fact could take on the world.