Day 5: Flight

The class trip to San Lorenzo.

It was anything but normal. And it was anything but easy. It was the most chaotic adventure for both Arnold and Helga, and they'd both been through a lot before that, even though they were only eleven years old.

But it was completely worth it for both the blondes. Because they both got what they wanted so deeply all their lives, and they got what made them feel so tormented not to have.

Arnold got his parents that were missing since he was only one year old. And Helga got Arnold, the object of her heart's affection since she was three.

Helga didn't think she would ever trade her secret locket for anything in the world, but that day, she realized there was one thing she'd trade it for; Arnold's happiness. Helga's heart got filled with joy when she thought about the fact that Arnold got his parents back and was the happiest he had ever been in his life.

It was time for the flight to go back to Hillwood, and Arnold and Helga sat next to each other. Arnold held out his hand to Helga and she grabbed it, interlacing her fingers with his, and blushing. Helga was nervous about holding Arnold's hand in public, but she was just so happy that she was with Arnold that she just decided to savor the beautiful moment. They both thought about how much the trip impacted them when they were holding hands on the flight back. When the plane landed, they were going to start another chapter of their lives. It was only the beginning, and they had so much ahead of them. But the blonde soulmates knew it would all be worth it.