CHAPTER ONE

L'AMOUR DANS L'ART

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽
chapter one ; the aroma of coffee
filling in your nose as you enter
the coffee shop

NARA HAD her chin resting on the palm of her hand, her cheeks puffing up as she let out a sigh of disappointment

NARA HAD her chin resting on the palm of her hand, her cheeks puffing up as she let out a sigh of disappointment. She was bored, and didn't know what to do. In front of her, sat two piping hot coffee mugs, along with her sketchbook, laptop, and cellphone.

Inspiration wasn't running through her veins, nor did she feel it in herself. The gears in her head were at a halt, as she tried to look for something that could possibly pull her out of the lazy, procrastination she was doing.

"What's up with you?" He had asked, concern behind his doe eyes, his eyebrows furrowing as it creased in the middle, a pout on his lips. "I'm not really feeling it today." She said in a sigh, her eyes desperately trying to look for some kind of creativity, but alas, there was nothing.

"Nor did you yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that, and the day before that, and the week before that. Get yourself together, Nana, the deadline for the projects are next month." He said, a scold holding his tone, using Nara's long forgotten nickname in hopes of snapping the girl back to reality.

Kim Nara was suffering from a long, never ending loop of artist's block - creative block, to be specific. She could have easily taken inspiration from landscapes in the city, maybe even the university, but she couldn't. It was like a whole puzzle was built for her, but there was a missing piece that could only be found somewhere, she just didn't know exactly where to find it.

"My hands literally want to draw, and I mean, I start to draw a couple pieces, but I never end up finishing it because it's just not it, Koo." She explained, bringing the warm coffee cup to her lips, lightly blowing onto it to cool it down, the smell of coffee beans filling her nose as she took a long sip.

"Then try something, I don't know. Stop staying in your dorm all the damn time and explore the city. There's literally so much you can draw out there, but you refuse to go out with me and Hoseok." He said, his voice pitching higher as he scolded the girl sitting in front of him.

"Is this your way of getting back at me for backing out last weekend?" She asked, her eyebrows knitted together, as curiosity peaked through her eyes. "Ha ha, very funny. I'm just saying. If you went out more often, maybe you'd be done with the three paintings our professor assigned us." He had said, his tone passive aggressive - one that Nara despised.

"Okay, Jungkook, I get it. You finished your paintings, good for you. No need to rub it in my face." She mumbled, huffing in annoyance, as the boy gloated, a smug expression across his face, the satisfaction of seeing Nara irritated very much evident.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

NARA FOUND herself seated inside the same coffee shop the next day. The sun was beeming down onto her, as she took the spot by the window, letting light scatter throughout the entire space. A coffee mug was placed beside her opened sketchbook, small unfinished sketches littering the page, as she pursed her lips, flipping to a new, fresh, and clean page.

She was still stuck. No inspiration seeping through her, and the gears in her head still not operating. At this point, she wanted to beg to the gods - if there even were gods - for her to draw something, anything, really, just enough for her to get back to her feet.

The deadline was approaching, and she was sure she was going to hand in maybe two of those paintings late, and that's only if she ever found what she wanted to place on the canvas. She was certainly picky with her projects, but she's never been this stuck on what to draw, hell even what to do.

Another sigh escaped her lips, as she closed her eyes in annoyance, lightly scratching the back of her head. She prayed that a spark would ignite inside of her, and she could get to work, but it seemed life wasn't on her side.

She took a long sip from her coffee, letting the warmth wake her up from her dilemma. She let her eyes wander around the shop, begging for some much needed inspiration.

The bell that hung just slightly above the door rung, echoing throughout the shop, indicating the presence of a new customer. Nara's head shot up at the sound, and as her eyes landed on the stranger, it seemed her prayers have been answered.

He walked with his head held up high, a confident, yet not overly confident, strut appearing before her. With every step that he took, Nara was keen. He was a walking piece of art, with a jaw chiseled, but not excessive to point where he looked like a statue. His hair was dark, ash brown, almost jet-black.

Earrings hung from his ear lobe, and upper lobe, the silver jewelry moving along with him. His eyes were cat-like, with a piercing gaze that Nara could not explain. It was cold, hostile, yet the moment he had opened his mouth to order, it had suddenly turned warm, benevolent, a smile now on his lips.

He was charming, showing off his gums and teeth as he talked, an affable nature in his guise, his hands moving as he pointed at the menu, pulling up the sleeves of his hoodie, making him look more intimidating with an expensive watch wrapped around his wrist, along with silver chained bracelets.

It was like a light bulb had gone off above Nara's head, her eyes lighting up as she grabbed her sketchbook and pencil. There it was. Her inspiration.

Something about the man lured her in. His mysterious ambience pulled Nara, gravitating towards his beautiful eyes, and manly physique. Everything about him was just so enticing.

The girl was quick to draw a rough draft of his figure onto the sketchbook, letting go of the little details until she was knee deep in the drawing. She took note of his thighs, and his waist, noticing how the confidence he once had had vanished by a small percent, realising that there were people staring at him.

He was just too beautiful to tear your gaze away from him.

Nara could feel the gears in her brain beginning to turn, the cobwebs that had settled in after weeks of creative block being swept away as she let her hand draw the sight she had took in.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

LISSY'S NOTES !
hello everyone !! i hope
you enjoyed the first chapter ! :D
how was it? was it good, okay, bad?
i wanna know so i can do better
on the next chapter, so please
comment ! share your thoughts too

interactive question:
have you listened to all of
bts' discography?

i have, teehee. it's so diverse
and basically fits all of my taste.
idk they're so talented and i'm
so happy they're getting the
recognition, even though some free
load off them,,