CHAPTER TEN

L'AMOUR DANS L'ART

─── 。゚☆: *.
chapter ten ; the morning where
the sun is bright, warm,
and the streets have yet
to be filled, the smell
of coffee hanging around
the air

☽chapter ten ; the morning wherethe sun is bright, warm,and the streets have yetto be filled, the smellof coffee hanging aroundthe air

NARA HAD rolled her eyes at her older brother, seeing his sluggishly walk up to the kitchen, cold brew in his hands. "Good morning, Nana." He greeted, taking a sip from the cup with a scrunched up nose.

"I thought you hated coffee." She pointed out, packing herself a couple of snacks to eat in between classes. "I do. It just gets rid of the hangover faster." He said, taking in the light from the sun leaking through the large window in the penthouses.

Nara made herself toast, standing by the metal toaster with a butter knife in hand, a small plate on the other.

"I've been meaning to ask. Was it Yoongi who drove us home?" Taehyung asked, as Nara glanced up at the taller boy by the window, a conflicted and hesitant look on his face, as if he's been biting his tongue to ask the question.

"Yeah. That was really kind of him." Nara replied, a nonchalant shrug taking place on her shoulders as she pulled out the bread from the toaster, placing it onto the plate with a hiss from its heat. "Yeah." Taehyung whispered, furrowing his eyebrows.

His mind was a mess. He barely talked to Yoongi anymore, not after their huge argument. Why would Yoongi even spare a glance his way? It's not like they didn't agree to distance themselves from each other. To say the least, Taehyung was still very much bitter.

"How do you even know Yoongi?" He had asked, making Nara stare up at him, leaving her eyes from the toast she was making to look at him. Really look at him. His face was indifferent, something Nara had realised was a habit he did when he didn't like the person that was in front of him - in this case, the person they were talking about.

Nara was confused. Last night, he was comfortable around Yoongi, cracking up jokes and introducing his younger sister to him, making the girl assume that they were friends, or acquaintances at least.

"We met at a gallery." Nara had lied half-heartedly. It wasn't entirely false, they did meet at a gallery. What Taehyung didn't need to know was that Yoongi was the reason she passed her art class, first seeing him at the coffee shop. "Gallery? What were you doing there?" He asked, Nara seeing the way his eyebrows furrowed deep in his forehead, an underlying tone in his face that made it obvious he was upset.

"Uh, I'm an art major? Why wouldn't I be in a gallery?" Nara bit back, her voice now sharp, matching how Taehyung was talking to her. The older boy sighed, his tense shoulders relaxing as he shut his eyes, catching himself getting angry at something that had nothing to do with Nara, holding himself back.