𝒊 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖

"Why? Why Oikawa?! I specifically told you what to say!" you quietly yell through the phone out of frustration.

"I know, I know, F/n-chan! I'm really really sorry. It just came out." Oikawa guiltily cringes at himself as you're pacing in Oikawa's room.

"It just came out?" you frustratedly repeat what he says.

"Y-yes, F/n-chan! I see how passionate you are about literature and writing. You even read a dictionary! I just spoke my mind... I'm sorry," he honestly explains.

Falling onto the floor, you pull your knees against your chest and bury your face in them. "What am I going to do, Oikawa?" you ask in defeat. Oikawa hesitantly stays silent--not knowing what to do either. "It's not about what I want to do, Oikawa... that doesn't matter because they don't care." What you say hits a nerve in Oikawa.

"What do you mean it doesn't matter what you want, F/n-chan? It matters to me! I care about you and I have seen how much effort you put into literature. That's what makes you you and I like that about you!" he bursts through the phone. The last part causes you to blush but you ignore the feeling as frustration builds in you as well.

"It doesn't matter, Oikawa! If they don't like it, then there's no point in being me... When they come, just apologize and tell them you'll go back to the counselor and change it!" you yell back.

"BUt--"

"I said, 'No,' Oikawa! What I want to do won't make them proud; so I need to do this." It goes silent for a while before Oikawa speaks once more.

"I see how hard you've been working to please your parents, F/n but think about yourself... if who you are--including all of your flaws and hobbies--don't make your parents proud, then they don't deserve you. I see those things about you and I love all of them as your... as your friend, F/n-chan... just remember that." You don't answer back, still trying to calm yourself down from earlier. "Goodnight, F/n-chan. I'll see you tomorrow," he says one last time before hanging up.

The rest of the week was awkward between you two and it was obvious between your group of friends. Thankfully, Hime has been talking to you most of the time, so you were given an excuse to avoid talking to Oikawa.

"Did they get into an argument or something?" Makki whispers to Iwaizumi who sweats. Neither of you had talked to Iwaizumi about your argument yet, so he was just as clueless as them.

"Maybe," he grumbles back.

"Do you think it's because Hime-san has been hitting on Oikawa lately?" Matsu asks again as Iwaizumi is mentally shaking his head.

'It better not be because of that, bakakawa.' Shortly, Oikawa walks towards the group of boys and sits down with them.

"F/n-chan, did you and Oikawa get into a fight?" Makki asks Oikawa who stiffens for a brief second.

"No. Why would we get into a fight?" he lies and digs into his meal.

"Just asking because you guys have been avoiding each other lately during practice," Matsu adds as Iwaizumi stares at Oikawa--practically saying: 'YOU BETTER HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING STUPID, TRASHIAWA.'

"We're fine, guys. It's just in your heads."

"It's because Hime-san is stealing him from you, huh?"

"It's got to be that." They immediately accuse. A frown appears on Oikawa's face and he turns around to see his body--you--and Hime at a vending machine.

"How can she steal him from me if he wasn't mine to begin with," Oikawa whispers to himself.

Later that night, you and Oikawa awkwardly walk home together once it's time for Iwaizumi to separate paths.