𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖

Both of your eyes widen in shock at the confession.

'What do I say? What do I say?' you repeatedly ask yourself.

'Please say, 'no.' Please say, 'no,'' Oikawa pleads in his head to you, 'I don't want her, F/n-chan. I want you!'

"I'm sorry, Ume-chan, but I can't accept your feelings," you blurt--shocking yourself and Oikawa.

Hime, on the other hand, isn't surprised. She had already started losing hope when she witnessed the little incident between the both of you the other day.

Hesitantly, she forces a loud laugh and rubs her neck.

"I thought you were going to say that!"

The scene breaks your heart as you watch your best friend fake grin.

You take a step closer to her. "Ume-chan, you don't need to fak--"

"I'm not faking it, Oikawa! No worries; I'm fine! I just needed to get it off my chest!" she tries to confidently say but her eyes start to water as she avoids eye contact with you.

"Ume-chan! Don't lie to yourself!" you exclaim and try to walk towards her again but she takes a step back.

"It's fine, Oikawa! Well, I'll be going! See you later!"

"Wait! Ume-chan!!"

Before you can stop her, she's already running away.

'I'd rather have you not be so caring and let my heart harshly break instead of trying to apologize or help me!' Hime cries before running out of the gymnasium.

On the other hand, you stand there looking at the floor in a daze.

'Why? Why did I say, 'no?' Oikawa likes her, but why couldn't I bring myself to accept her confession?' you ask yourself and bring your hand to your aching chest. 'We won the games, but why am I not happy?'

"F/n-chan," a soft voice calls out to you, making you jump.

"O-Oikawa..." you whisper in fright. 'I ruined his chances with Ume-chan and I told him I could give him another chance to play, but I don't even know how to switch bodies.'

Slowly, he reaches out to hold your hand. "Are you okay?"

Quickly, you step back. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." you whisper. Soon enough, the apology becomes out louder and louder. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

"Why are you apologizing like that?" he desperately asks, not liking how distressed you looked.

"O-Oikawa-kun," you finally cry, "I'm sorry!"

'Why is she crying so hard?'

Hiccuping, you dig your face into his shoulder and continue to weep.

"H-hey, I don't mean to interrupt but we're heading out now," Kunimi awkwardly calls out to the two of you as Oikawa nods.

Turning his attention back to you, he combs through your hair.

"Let's go back and then you can tell me when we get home, okay?"

Silently, you nod and you both head to the bus.

-

For the rest of the day, you did not speak to Oikawa unless necessary as he patiently waited for whenever you were ready. Guilt was painting over your flesh as you were trying to figure out why you had to mess it up for him. Dinner was especially awkward and Mrs. Oikawa was not pleased with the tension in the air.

"Let's go to your house," Oikawa announces after the early dinner as you nod and you both walk to your home. Sitting down on the couch, Oikawa turns to face you. "What's wrong, F/n-chan? You're scaring me with that expression. You look like you just killed a mouse."