Chapter 1.

Oh how we fall.

Author's Note: Husk cannot fly in this story, this is important. He likes to do gardening, this isn't as important, I just thought it was cute lol.

Guilty.

'You, Y/N, is hereby sentenced to remain in Hell until you have learnt to love and the person you have learnt to love reciprocates your feelings. This is because of your harsh, unloving behaviour, this is very non angelic and goes against our code of conduct for us angels.'

Angels surrounding me in the floating courtroom started chanting, their volume growing louder as they shouted 'guilty!' My eyes flickered between the numerous crowds of the angels, attempting to find a slither of mercy in their hungry eyes.

Merciful - Isn't that what angels are meant to be?

Before I could contemplate the question I poised, the head angel slammed the golden gavel down on the platform, sealing my newly arranged fate in one swift movement. A rift appeared underneath me, tearing a hole between the two universes.

I felt my weight shift underneath me, before falling into the rift. The chanting ceased abruptly as I slipped through the fabric of my world into a completely different one. The scream tore through me, its horrible nature piercing the seemingly angelic atmosphere. I began flailing my arms about, a foolish attempt at trying to grip onto something that could stabilise my current position.

My perception of the world became distorted, colours flying by me like a blur until I realised in the sheer chaos of it all that the colour seemed to have a red tint. My body lurched forward, making contact with the ground; dust forming around me in a miasma.

I opened my eyes in a grimace as my hand immediately outstretched to feel my head, immense pain emitted from it as I shakily sat up. I allowed my other hand to wonder idly around me, my fingers tracing the unknown surface making my fingernails dark with dirt.

Holding my hand up to my face, I didn't quite register my new complexion, my hand was not my natural skin colour, it had sunken into an ashen, unnatural tone, that was simply terrifying to gaze upon.

I brought my knee up to my chin, forced myself to get up, the pain in my head growing less severe as I attempted to observe my appearance through the cracked glass fragments on the poorly maintained pavement. Looking upon my surroundings to locate some sort of reflective surface, I felt my eyes wonder to the peculiar denizens of Hell, some of the demons had horns of great size, tails swooping along the ground, decorated with spikes.

I let out a small gasp at a particular demon, he had red hair with brown streaks towards the end and what seemed to be oversized pointed deer ears and horns. He was quite well dressed for a demon, a long crimson overcoat covered most of his body, with a reddish brown bow tie. But his smile intimidated me the most, he had sharpened teeth aligned in an unnaturally wide smile.

His gaze suddenly shifted to me as if he noticed a change in atmosphere when I stared at him; his eyes flickering with an unknown danger when he absorbed some of my features. I broke the eye contact, shivers travelled down my spine, pricking me with fear when he approached me at an alarming speed.

Something felt off with this demon, something so off that demons parted whenever he walked near, something so off that near him all demons stood silent, something so off I decided to run.

I decided to run.