Chapter 3.

We arrived at the hotel, the looming building towering over me with its multiple stories, slightly intimidating me. Parts of the building jutted out the main area, lone towers touching the crimson skyline. Signs hung along the draped cloth along the entrance, the entrance already being slightly dishevelled. All the windows varied in size and pattern, the overall place having a red colour scheme. At the top of it, huge red neon letters displayed the 'Happy Hotel'. Oh boy.

'This is it Y/N'.

Husk's speech broke me out of my little world of what the fuck am I going to do now as I nodded at him.

'You alright?' Husk asked, concern lacing his words.

'I'm fine', I replied, my expression resembling one of deadpan as I entered the building.

I expected it to be remarkably busy, demons bustling all around the lobby. My lips pursed into a straight thin line as I realised that is not the case. The lobby had plush red sofas in every corner, it was, however, very extravagantly decorated, gold furnishings adorned the posts and the oversized fireplace. A few demons populated the area, a grey-skinned girl sat idly on the sofa, a red cross on her eye and silver grey hair, strands of it overlapping onto her shoulders.

Another demon sat opposite her, his fingers tapping harshly onto the phone's surface, he had pink dots on his head, two tufts of his white hair extended from the left and right of his head. He was dressed in rather revealing attire, a white and pink striped suit, exposing his fluffy looking chest, a bow tie decorated his neck and he sported thigh high boots, the heel looking as if it could poke my eye out in a swift strike.

A girl was tidying up the place, eradicated cobwebs and little insects, I couldn't get a good look at her since she was moving at lightning speed, just being a blur of red and yellow.

At the lobby's main desk, a small lady sat, her hand resting on her cheek as she was fiddling with a pen absentmindedly. She had blonde hair that trailed to her navel and red circles painted on her cheeks. Her suit matched her cheeks in colour, a brown bow tie and white blouse tying the outfit together.

'U-Um..' I stumbled over my words, not quite knowing what to say, Husk slowly nudged me forward as I approached the desk.

'Hel-'

'OHMYGOSHHIMYNAMEISCHARLIENICETOMEETYOUWHATSYOURNAMEAREYOUHERETOCHECKINOHMYIWASNOTREADYFORTHIS,' the blonde girl shouted in a spill of words, reaching over the desk.

'Um, hi! My name's Y/N and yes, I'm here to check in'.

The demons that were in the lobby immediately perked up, all glancing at me.

'REALLY?!' The girl seemed to look like she was nearly going to explode with joy, until I felt a clawed paw on my shoulder.

'Calm the fuck down Charlie'.

Charlie sighed, using her hands to gesture her breathing movements, 'Ok, I'm fine now, hi Y/N, as you know, I'm Charlie, I'm the Princess of Hell. The spider demon behind you is Angel, the moth demon is named Vaggie and the little cyclops demon is Niffty. There's a anglerfish demon in the lab called Baxter and Alastor is around here somewhere, he's the infamous radio demon!'

I didn't quite know what she meant by 'radio demon', but there was no time to ponder on it as she continued.

'I'm here to help with your journey towards redemption!'

'Uh, you see, there's a slight problem with that, I don't think I can be redeemed, I-'

Husk's paw grasped my shoulder tighter, I risked a glance at him, he leaned towards my ear. The gesture caused my face to slightly heat up.

'Don't tell her, someone might hear, a fallen angel is not really a normal sight down here'.

'O-Okay'.

Charlie glanced between us, confusion flashing across her face, she shook the thought as she reached behind her, retrieving a key from the handle.

'Here you are,' she placed the key in my outstretched palm, 'number 6'.

I thanked her, fumbling with the keys as I made my way to my room, bidding Husk and Charlie a goodbye since I was awfully tired from the eventful day I've had.

Unlocking the door, I felt as if something or someone was watching me, I turned to find no one was there, only a strange appearing shadow in the hallway. I found this odd, there seemed to be nothing in the hallway that would cast such a peculiar shape, it almost resembled a person.

Shrugging the feeling off, I just about managed to wrangle the hoodie off of me before I collapsed onto my bed. Feeling the soft scarlet fabric caress my exhausted body, I could sense that I was slipping under the comforting blanket of sleep.

I didn't even fully register my new surroundings when I fell asleep, soft snores emitting from my resting body.