Chapter 6.

(Husk's POV)

I groaned, my claws dragging my eyelids down to shake the drowsy feeling and the lure of resting my head on the pillow once again. There was a shuffle in the opposite direction that snapped me awake, a blur of red and brown that suddenly appeared in the kitchen.

My head pulsated with a throbbing feeling, the crushing pain coming in regular intervals as the hangover haunted me once again. Rumbles of plates and pans came from the kitchen, the scratch of nails running along the worktop surface. Alastor was shifting through various cabinets to find ingredients for whatever he was making, which seemed peculiar to me, he only eats deer, so why is he preparing a meal that doesn't include the animal?

'Oh Husker, you're awake! I'm making breakfast for everyone!' Alastor chirped, his head turning an impossible 180 degrees to face me.

'Great..' I mumbled, suspicious of what his true intentions were, Alastor never just wanted to make breakfast, there's always some ulterior motive behind it. He's not just kind.

I turned and knelt down to face Y/N, who was still fast asleep on the sofa, strands of her hair being fanned upwards by her airflow. Carefully removing a strand of her hair from concealing her face; I shook her slightly on the shoulder. It occurred to me, we were both sleeping when Alastor first came in, what if he did something to her?

I shook her with more urgency,
'W-What..?'

She grumbled, still recovering from her comatose state, Y/N grabbed my paw, refraining it from waking her up any further, causing a small smile to emerge on my face despite my pounding headache.

'Get up,' my normal, harsh demeanour returned.
'5 more minutes..' She rolled over to the other side, evading my gaze.

I had two choices:
I could dowse her in freezing cold water or tickle her.

You could probably tell what option I went for:
'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK HUSK?!'

Y/N jumped up very enthusiastically and began racing around the lobby, she ducked behind a support pillar and I lost sight of her,

The fear was crippling, making my legs go weak and my stomach to lurch. My eyes darted back and forth, examining all the crevices in the lobby to try and locate it. An echo of footsteps emitted from behind me:

Oh shit.

Cold water was thrown over me, my hair standing on its end as I turned around, Y/N was holding a container of water, some of the liquid sloshing about at the bottom. She flashed me an evil smile, the edges of her mouth curling into something that was truly unangelic.

'How'd you get all wet, kitty?' ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In a revengeful act, I shook my fur, reminiscent of a cat; Y/N being drenched with water once again.
'WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!'

Vaggie's voice reverberated throughout the lobby as she approached Y/N at an alarming rate, Charlie following suite.

I stepped in front of Y/N protectively,
'We just threw water over each other, that's it.'

Vaggie started to berate me upon the topic of if a potential customer came in, their opinion of the hotel would be off to a bad start. Of which I argued it already was off to a bad start.

'Husk..' Y/N fixed me a stern look, turning to Vaggie.
'I'm sorry Vaggie-'

She was interrupted by Charlie,
'Oh, its fine, at least you apologised, most people that are here don't do that', she reassured me as she gave a glare to Angel who just came in to the room.

'What?' I guessed Angel thought she was commenting on his attire, which was a dressing gown of a hideous shade of pink - I suddenly had the urge to vomit and thus went to the kitchen.

Alastor was preparing pancakes, the mixture already in the pan; he cooked it with such efficiency with all the extravagant movements. His smile extended, reaching up to his cheeks as he peered at me from across the room, an uneasy feeling forming in my stomach, I gave him a pissed off stare in return.

'Breakfast, lowly sinners!' He suddenly announced, gliding the hefty portions over to the dining area. I followed him begrudgingly as he set down the plates of pancakes and cutlery in its respective places.

'Wow, thanks Al!' Charlie slightly fangirled over the prospect that Alastor was actually being nice for once, earning a distrustful grumble from Vaggie and I.

'You there,' Alastor gestured to Y/N, 'come sit next to me, dear!' His voice rang out, coaxing her to sit on the chair by his.

'O-Ok,' She seemed hesitant but obeyed, making her way to the chair,

Honestly, I don't know what was going through my mind at that moment, perhaps the thought of Y/N being harmed, Alastor talking to her or the deer bastard gaining her trust.

Gaining her trust.

It was such a foreign concept to me, but just thinking about it made my fur crawl, my head throb and my heart to ache.

I guess that's the reason why I decided to sit right next to Alastor, where Y/N was heading.

'Husk? I was going to sit there, you know,' she turned to me, disappointment clouding her face.

'Well, you can sit next to me.'

It was stupid of me, I know, to challenge the all powerful radio demon. But to be honest, I didn't really care. I didn't really care that he could rip me to shreds with a click of his finger. I didn't really care that I could be tortured for all eternity.

But I did care that he could hurt Y/N.