HORROR/PARANORMAL WINNERS

First of all, a shout-out to this one judge who judged this genre:

engfanatic04

~~

1ST PLACE WINNER:

Black Sheep
By empiresofwater
Total: 92/100

Review: This book in short can be described: intriguing, shocking and impressive. To be honest, at first glance the plot did not seem very creative or inviting. The prologue made me understand how mistaken I was. I had to stop myself to write the review. The descriptions were powerful and took me to 19th century England where the story was unfolding. The death of Nicholas was bewildering and I am curious to know the cause. The pacing was precise. I loved the attention to minute details. The characters were well developed and relatable. As far as I have read, I couldn't find any grammatical or punctuation errors. The vocabulary used was rich and accurate. In short, I loved this book mainly because of the fact that it kept me hooked and entertained simultaneously. A very promising paranormal, indeed.

2ND PLACE WINNER:

Original Sin
By Wings100
Total: 90/100

Review: The writing style of 'Original Sin ' is very impressive. It is professional and narrates the story beautifully. I have never come across such a unique plot and storyline. I loved the chemistry between Dinah and Lucifer. The parallel scenes between the present and the past is narrated skilfully without confusion. I could empathise with the characters too. The pacing was perfect.

Honestly, it is hard to find flaws with regard to this book. But it needs editing, as there are spelling and spacing errors at some places. Undeniably, one of the best paranormal books that managed to captivate the essence of the genre precisely.

3RD PLACE WINNER:

A Mask Of Mirrors
By Elven-Ink
Total: 85/100

Review: The writing style was very professional. The plot did intrigue me a lot. I was drawn in as soon as I started reading. There was a lot of mystery regarding the past in the opening chapter. Each character were given distinguishable characteristics that made it easy to understand their motives. I wished the setting was more descriptive as I found it difficult to imagine the paranormal world.

There were very few grammatical errors. The chapters length could be shortened. Very few paranormals manage to invoke the curiosity the genre demands, and this book definitely succeeded in that aspect.

The chemistry between the lesbian couple was realistic and plausible and I enjoyed it.

~~

Well-done to everyone who participated in this genre. You all did amazing, and I'm sure with more work, your books will turn out better than before and gain more readers. Keep fighting! Kudos to the winners. Winners, please PM me your email, so I can send you the stickers. Your other prizes will be handed to you in a while.

If you wish to see your full review, PM me and I'll send it to you.