vientitres

i smoothen my dress, feeling nervous. i was waiting for jack to come over and pick me up for our date and to say i was nervous was a. i statement. it had been awhile since i had gone on a date, my last relationship was already failing as soon as we got together and we never really went on any dates.

soon enough there was a knock on the door and i quickly rushed to open it hoping it would be jack and luckily for me, it was.

"hey," he said.

"hi, how are you?" i asked.

"i'm great. you look great," he said, his cheeks turning a light shade of red.

"thank you, you look great too." i told him.

"ready to go?" he asked after a few seconds or awkward silence.

"yeah, where are we going?" I asked him.

"that's for me to know and for you to find out," he said with a wink and I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless.

"alright then, let's get this date started," I cheered.

we jammed out to a bunch of my favorite songs since I had control of the aux. songs varying from one direction to new hope club and even why don't we because I have an obsession with bands.

"here we are," he finally said, stopping the car.

"where are we?"

"you'll find out soon enough," was all he said before slowly driving the car to where a woman was sitting in a booth.

"hello, welcome to los angeles drive in movie theater," she said in a monotone voice as if she had said this over a hundred times which she probably had.

a drive in movie theater? i had never gone to one but it seemed like it would be a lot of fun. she gave us all the essential information that was needed including some snacks and we drove up to an empty parking spot.

they were playing a movie called palm springs and I already knew I was going to love it. I was probably the biggest sucker there was for romantic comedy.

jack changed the radio station and we started watching the movie. the date included reaching for the bag of popcorn at the same time no matter how cliche that was and making eye contact which led to smiles when a character said something funny or did something cute.

before we knew it the movie was over and I groaned. "that was fun," I commented after a few seconds of sitting in silence.

"did you not like it?" he asked a bit worried.

"no I did, but I done want to go home now." I said with a sigh.

"I know a place." was all he said before he started to drive us to an unknown destination.

after a few minutes of singing along to some songs he stopped the car at an old playground and I looked around, confused.

"I usually come here when I'm bored so I thought, why not take this lovely lady out here," he said with a grin.

"you're a smooth one, avery."

we spent the next hour talking and getting to know each other and basically having a blast. I loved talking to him, it was one of the easiest thing because he was always listening to what I had to say and I appreciated that.

"hey, sit on one of the swings I'm going to push you." he said, pointing to the old set of swings.

"no way, those look like they would crumble to dust if I touch them."

"come on I always go on them and they never shake." he reassured me and I gave in.

"fine."

so he started pushing me and we both started laughing because I was squealing like a 3 year old. then, I got an idea. i jumped off and pretended to be hurt.

"hey em, are you okay?" he asked frantically.

"noooo, I think I broke some bones."

"I'm gonna call 911 stay put." he said, quickly whipping out his phone.

"wait jack, no I was joking." I said quickly standing up to show him I was fine.

"oh my god, em. don't ever do that again."

"I'm sorry." I said, pouting.

he sighed, "its fine." then he looked down at his phone. "oh shit, it's late. I need to get you home."

and with that, we for in his car and he drive me home. so now he was currently standing with me on the porch.

"so, uh did you have a good time?" he asked, shyly.

"the best." I said with a giant grin, "when's the next one?"

"next saturday, 10am. I'll pick you up."

"I'll be looking forward to it." I said, leaning up to kiss his cheek. I then opened the door to my house and waved goodbye.

🐧🍒♡🍒🐧

sO wAs tHaT cUtE oR wHaT?

no it was not it was very cringy I'm sorry 

recommended song iss

youth by troye sivan

~esther

July 29, 2020