Chapter 10

@hannahsteeler✅

Liked by georgerussell63, carlossainz55, and 453,920 others

hannahsteeler- good morning paris :)

View all 3,929 comments

georgerussell63- put some clothes on idiot

            ↳hannahsteeler- your instagram is full of shirtless pics, just stop :(

            ↳georgerussell63- touche

louisvuitton- excited for our shoot today! looking gorgeous

danielricciardo- why are you looking into your neighbour's window?

            ↳hannahsteeler- saw a cute guy ;)

alexis.rossi- i miss my gorgeous bestie!

             ↳hannahsteeler- JUST COME TO PARIS! je t'aime, mwah

I really wish I could live in Paris full time, but obviously my career in Formula 1 almost makes it impossible to stay in one place at one time. Even during the off season, I am scurrying around Europe giving feedback for the new developments of the Mercedes Formula 1 car, testing, and several shoots for different brands. I live in Vancouver the rest of the time, but an apartment in Paris would be an absolute dream come true. Maybe after I retire from my job, it could be possible.

It's Wednesday, and I have spent my whole morning with stylists and makeup artists in my hotel room. I posted a picture of my little balcony with me wrapped in my duvet earlier, so I have a swarm of likes and comments to keep me entertained during the long process of getting ready for the shoot.

 Daniel and I haven't talked a lot since last Sunday night, but I did see him on Monday morning as we were leaving the hotel. He was also with Lando, but we both avoided eye contact. His hookup with another girl began to hurt me less as time went on, but I was still shocked at the audacity he had to lead me on. If anything I was more angry about his actions. I know I am quite a special girl, and he can't take that away from me by hooking up with a girl who is obviously not to my caliber. Yet, that part still nags at me.

Daniel and I had a little conversation, both of us asking about our hangovers, and confirming that last night was fun, but won't happen again. We whispered in soft voices and finished our conversation quickly to not raise attention to ourselves. I ran to George after I said bye to the McLaren driver, who took a look at my neck. My neck wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and the little bruises should not last more than two days. I could barely notice them- but of course George could.

"Who did you get with last night?" he asked me, giggling slightly.

"I went to the club, what do you expect?"

"Ah, I see."

George and I took different planes, as mine was going to Paris for the Louis Vuitton shoot that is occurring today. I spent Tuesday exploring the city, finding nooks and crannies around the little neighborhoods. I bought some food, drank a whole lot of coffee, and had dinner with my Louis Vuitton associates at a posh restaurant.