Chapter 20

"You ready to go, Hannah?" Alexis yells at me from the front door of my apartment. It's Sunday night, the night I am leaving Vancouver and travelling to England before the race weekend begins. I have packed my suitcase to the very brim, and I was sitting on it to zip it up. It proved to be extremely difficult, but after extreme amounts of force, my clothes were shut away for the time being.

"Almost, be patient!" I yell back, voice slightly out of breath. I take a quick glance into the mirror to make sure that my appearance wasn't completely disheveled after my fighting match with the suitcase, and I look perfectly ordinary. My cheeks were slightly pink, eyes open and wild. I'm excited for the start of race week- I always am. I'm wearing a normal outfit, something I always wear during my travels, which is a Mercedes sweatshirt and leggings. I give myself a quick smile before taking a look at my room to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. Once my anxiety about forgetting something settles, I walk out of my dreamy bedroom and to the door Alexis was holding open.

"Let's go slowpoke!" my best friend demands. I roll my eyes, exiting my home. It's sad leaving Vancouver again, but I'll be back in no time.

My time with my family and Alexis was extremely peaceful during Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I woke up the morning after Lando and I's call feeling refreshed, and ultimately happier. That day I saw my dad's side of the family, which was quite a lot of people, so when I got home Friday I went straight to bed, without talking to Lando. When I did wake up though, I saw a cute good morning text from him that made my heart flutter loads. He's been a gentleman for the time being and I am thankful for that- this time with my family is supposed to be happy, and I shouldn't have anything to burden on me.

I monitor Sapphire's Instagram to see if she has continued to post any content involving Lando, but I see that her whole page is quite quiet, to my liking. When we get to China I'll make sure he already cut things off with her, and continue from there. 

The ride to the airport is pretty fast, especially with Alexis driving, and soon I am getting my suitcase out of her little car. My best friend shuts the trunk before turning to me to say goodbye. I see tears brimming at her eyelids, which breaks my heart- Alexis is stone cold a lot of the time, so getting emotion out of her is a rare occurrence. I start to cry with her as we hold each other tightly, gripping onto each other's shoulders and waists.

"I'm bringing you to Monaco, Lex. It's not too far away, only over a month. Then, we can spend all of our time together and party the night away. It'll be so much fun!" I console her and she lifts her head off of my shoulder.

"I'll try to make it to Canada though, maybe with a couple of our friends."

"Montreal is so far away though!"

"I am going to try to make it happen! We need a little celebration for your home grand prix!"

I laugh at her ambitiousness, knowing fully well that this will be an expensive trip. "Just tell me about the expenses and I'll help you out."

"Ah, you are the best Han!" Alexis squeals as she pulls me in for one last embrace. I take a deep breath as we let go and take my suitcase into the airport, waving at her until we have lost sight of each other. Saying goodbye to Alexis is difficult all of the time, and it never gets better. But I will be in England soon, driving my car in several days. I can't dwell for too long, I need to be focused for the next task ahead. The Chinese Grand Prix.

The flight from Vancouver to London is 9 hours long, which isn't too nice on my body. I have trouble sleeping a lot of the time, so I sleep minimally during the whole flight. Luckily, when I landed in London it was already 4pm on a Monday so sleep was coming my way. My nice place in Brackley is inviting me now that I have to catch up on a bunch of sleep.