♤ Chapter 5《 Grandma to be 》♤

{ I swear this song is so good, well I like country music so just had to add it }

Winter has arrived to Avonlea ,Ruby has been pregnant for 6 weeks, Moody's elbow was slowly healing. The couple decided to invite Moody's mother over for the night.

"Moody! Where are you, your mother is going to be here soon!" Ruby called out for him. She then found him hiding in their bedroom.

"I don't wanna see her! She is going to embarse me." Moody said.

"Well be a man and don't hide, she is bringing your old crib so we don't have to buy one." Ruby grabbed Moody's arm. "Let's go now."

Moody nodded nervously and followed Ruby downstairs.

After 20 minutes, Moody's mother has arrived...

"Mother! It's so nice to see you well." Moody greeted her.

"Yeah, nice to see you. Where is Ruby?" Susannah asked.

"Oh she's sitting on the Chesterfield-" Moody cut himself off as his mother pushed him out the way.

"Ruby darling! How are you?" Susannah asked.

"I'm doing well thank you, are you excited to be a grandmother?" Ruby smiled.

"Am I exited? Of course I am! I have been waiting for some grandchildren." Susannah laughed.

"Tea?" Ruby got up and went to the kitchen to make tea.

"Oh yes please." Susannah responded.

After a few minutes, Moody asked his mother why she pushed him out the way to see Ruby.

"Mother, why did you push me out of the way to greet Ruby?" Moody asked.

"I just wanted to see how she was doing." Susannah said as she nitted a blanket.

Everyone was silent for a few second's.

"Susannah, did you bring the crib?" Ruby asked as she rested her head in Moody's shoulder.

"The carriage man helped me put it by your front door, it's still outside." Susannah responded.

"I'll get it, stay here. I'll put it in the baby's room." Moody kissed Ruby and left to go outside.

"Your elbow! I'll help." Ruby got up and helped Moody.

"Can I start a fire while you both do that?" Susannah asked.

"Yes, please do." Ruby responded.

Moody and Ruby set up the crib upstairs and Susannah set up the fire.

"I really want a girl, Moody really want's, well a boy." Ruby sighed.

"I hope it's a girl too, well I should head to bed now. Goodnight you two." Susannah got and headed upstairs to the guest room.

"Goodnight mother, surprised she didn't embarrass me with stories. Wanna head to bed too?" Moody got up.

"Sure. I'll put out the fire." Ruby said.

Everyone went to sleep.

The next morning, Moody slept in, Ruby woke up to Susannah making breakfast down stairs.

"Thank you Susannah, breakfast was wonderful." Ruby said.

"Did I ever tell you the story about when Moody came home crying?" Susannah asked.

Ruby looked shocked. "Tell me, please."

"It was 6 years ago, Moody was 12 years old. He came home from school and ran to his room and started to cry, I asked him what happened and he said a girl rejected him and called him chubby." Susannah sighed.

Ruby soon got that memory, Moody used to like Josie and she called chubby and rejected him.

"He cried that whole day. The next day he came back smiling, he said that you gave him a note that said 'You aren't chubby -Ruby'. He was happy the whole day, he has always liked you since." Susannah said.

Ruby blushed *He liked me? What about when he liked Diana for a little bit?* she thought to herself.

"And now you two are happily married, he always talked about you." Susannah laughed. "I can clean the table for you."

"Please do, and thank you for the story.." Ruby said *I feel so bad! I never noticed him and he liked me.. I should've seen the signs a long time ago..*

{ that was chapter 5 hope you enjoyed, love y'all bye! ❤❤❤ }