♤ Til' we meet again 《 Chapter 9 》♤

Ruby sat on her bed, she had a blank expression on her face. She couldn't handle knowing that Moody will be transferred up North to fight against wanted criminals. Especially knowing he could miss the birth of their child.

"Ruby? I made you some tea." Moody walked in.

"Do you really have to go? I can't bare knowing that you might die!" Ruby stood up quickly.

Moody set the tea down and rushed over to Ruby. "I'm so sorry that this is happening, I want nothing to do with going away. I have no choice!"

Ruby started to cry, "Moody do you know what this means? Do you have any idea what could happen? You are going far away, you are fighting against wanted criminals, and our child.."

Moody hugged Ruby, "Please don't cry... I hate seeing you like this."

Ruby calmed down a little, "What day are you leaving..."

Moody sighed, "Next week.."

Ruby started to cry more. "Next week! That's not enough time together!"

"Ruby, darling. I promise we will make these last few days great before I leave. Remember only 10 months, what could happen in 10 months?" Moody looked at her with a serious look.

"Moody are you serious right now, you could die!" Ruby ran out the room upset.

"Great, now the love of my life is upset with me." Moody sighed and went to follow Ruby.

Ruby sat on the chesterfield in the living room, "I'm so sorry I got upset, I just can't- I just.."

Moody sat down next to Ruby and comforted her, "It's okay.. I'll go get you your tea."

After a few hours, it started to snow outside and things were starting to calm down.

"Want me to start the fire? It's getting kind of cold in here." Moody offered.

"Please do, it hasn't snowed like this in 5 years." Ruby mentioned.

Moody smiled at a memory that came to his mind from 5 years ago. "Do you remember when we were 13 and I accidentally dropped that hammer on my foot and you came to help me?"

Ruby giggled, "Yes I do, you were so clumsy."

Moody laughed, "I still am clumsy til' this day."

"Random question, who did you like when you were 13?" Ruby asked.

Moody blushed, "Well uh, heh-"

"Who?" Ruby started to laugh in confusion.

"You.." Moody turned red.

Ruby wasn't surprised, she just smiled. "Your mother told me that.."

"She did? I can never trust that woman, she is always telling people secrets." Moody started up the fire.

"Moody, can you play me something on your banjo? It would be very calming." Ruby got up for the chesterfield and went to sit next to the fire with Moody.