I'm her superhero.

Rosé's POV

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the Captain has turned on the Fasten Seat Belt sign. If you haven't already done so, please stow your carry-on luggage underneath the seat in front of you or in an overhead bin. Please take your seat and fasten your seatbelt."

The last passengers were boarding, turning their heads left and right to find their designated seats. I sat comfortably near the window because this is our favorite spot whenever we travel.

I miss her.

I shifted my attention to the old woman besides me who just took her seat and began to snore. I watched as the old woman opened and closed her mouth. The wrinkles on her forehead and her eyes, how her bones and veins are visible from her hands, how she was trembling because of the cold atmosphere, I wonder why she's alone.

And then, I remembered her. Will she still love me even if we turned 60? Will she still remember my vows to her when we turned 80? Both corners of my mouth lifted up unconsciously.

My heart said, 'Of course, she will remember all. She loves me.'

'Is she your mom?' My curved lips turned to an oval shaped when a voice had spoken to me.

I turned my sight in front of me and saw a young boy. He was standing on his sit as he jumped simultaneously. Holding his spider man action figure, swaying it on the air as if the toy has his own cape.

"What? A superhero can be super without a cape glued on his back."

"O-oh yes." I replied.

"Like you." The young boy added.

"Why me? I-" He cut me off before I finished my sentence.

"It's obvious she's not your mom. The color of her eyes is blue and yours is brown. And theeeeeeennnnnnnnn, the way you stared at her as if you remembered someone. I concluded you didn't know each other but you put your jacket on top of her."

Just wow, I was like talking to a 35-year-old adult man when in fact his just maybe a kindergarten.

"I remembered someone." I smiled at him.

"Who's someone?" His right eyebrow raised.

"Someone I saved way back 5 years ago."

"Woah! I knew it. Mom mooommmmmmmmmmm, I found one superhero. I told you they are real." His eyes looked more motivated. Motivated from asking more questions of me, he cute.

"So how was it? You save her from what?" He asked again.

"I save her from sadness." I answered.

"And then what happened? How did you save her?" He's determined to know everything but I didn't complain. I liked his company specially we were talking about her.

"I saved her when I kneeled in front of her, everybody's watching that time. I scooped my hand in my pocket and tried reaching the ring inside." I glanced at my ring on my left hand and flashed a sweet smile.

"Then?"

"Then, she said yes. That was the day that I saw her wildest, beautiful smile ever".

"Ohhhh, I wanna know more. I want to make someone happy too." His childish voice became more curious.

"You're too young for that. For now, your only obligation is to fill your cabinet with those 'very good student' stars, okay?" I said with my softest voice.

He seemed convince and a follow up question came to his mouth.

"But, what's her nam-"

He didn't even have the chance to complete his sentence. His mom hugged his waist, tried to calm him down by giving his favorite chocolate bar. She gave me an apologetic look and felt sorry for her son's disturbance, I mouthed her it's okay and gave her a calming smile before we broke our eye contact.

After the safety demonstration of the flight attendants, the captain spoke again.

"Flight attendants, prepare for take-off please. Cabin crew, please take your seats for take-off."

I sighed, I missed her.

After passing above clouds or turbulence, the captain turned off the Fasten Seat Belt sign, but the aircraft was still climbing to its cruising altitude.

The silence took over the whole plane, only the sound of the flight attendants' feet were heard. I didn't bother if someone was hawking me from afar.

The captain was still giving some information but I didn't even bother to focus, my eyes felt kinda heavy. I began to close it as I touched the ring on my left hand, resting on my lap. I positioned myself where I'm comfortable with and laid my head on the side window.

"I'll be your superhero again. I can't wait to make you smile, my love."