Hit or Be Hit (Mikasa x Male Reader)(AU)

Ah yes, the first story I wrote on my phone. You guys can be as harsh as you want on this fic, I wrote this two years ago.

Disclaimer: I don't own Attack on Titan.

========================================================================

YOUR P.O.V.

School. Oh joy. With all the homework, my lack of friends, and bullies around every corner, this was basically hell for me. All I ever want to do is to stay home but, of course, I have no choice.

After another day in this hell hole, I was finally able to go home. I was just walking home when someone grabbed me and forced me into an alley. I got a good look at the guys to see the two biggest assholes I've ever met in my whole life: Jean and Connie. These two have been on my back for my whole existence.

Jean: S'up loser.

(Y/N): Really, that's the best you could come up with?

Connie: You better shut your mouth if you know what's good for ya.

Jean: You already know you stand no chance against us so, make it less painful for yourself and give up your money.

???: How about you leave him alone.

We all look to see Mikasa, a classmate of ours. No one knew her too well except her brother Eren and another guy named Armin. What people do know about her is not to get on her bad side. She was well-known to protect herself and her friends when they were threatened and never lost a fight.

Jean: M-Mikasa. What are y-you doing h-here?

Mikasa: I could ask you the same question. What were you about to do to (Y/N)?

Connie: W-We were j-just gonna c-compare notes with h-him. You know that test is coming​ up. We g-gotta be prepared r-right.

Both of these two were trembling like crazy. I knew Mikasa was pretty intimidating but, these two looked like they were about to shit themselves.

Mikasa: You two get out of my sight.

Both Jean and Connie took off running, absolutely terrified of what she would do to them. She then walks up to me and I keep my cool.

Mikasa: Are you okay?

I stand there shocked that she would ask that. After all these years, no one ever asked me if I was okay. I soon regain myself to answer her question.

(Y/N): Y-Yeah. Thanks.

Mikasa nods and starts to walk off but, an idea pops in my head, causing me to stop her.

(Y/N): M-Mikasa?

She turns back to me.

Mikasa: Yeah?

(Y/N): C-Can you teach me how to defend myself?

Mikasa adopted a surprised look on her face but, it quickly faded back to her usual blank expression.

Mikasa: You don't know what your asking for.

(Y/N): Yes I do. I want to defend myself against those assholes. You're the only one I know that can teach me. Please Mikasa.

I swear I see a small blush on her face before she covers her face with her scarf.

Mikasa: Alright, you want me to teach you? Meet me in the woods at 9:00 in the morning and not ONE SECOND LATER. Understood?

(Y/N): Yes.

Mikasa: Yes what?

(Y/N): Yes ma'am.

*The Next Morning*

MIKASA P.O.V.

I wake up and look at my clock to see it was 6:00. (Y/N) had 3 hours to make it to our first training session.

While getting ready, I started thinking about him. Was he really going to take this seriously or was all this just a joke. I finished getting ready, got some equipment, and started towards the woods.

I made my way there and saw that...(Y/N) was early?!

(Y/N): Morning Mikasa.

Mikasa: How long have you been waiting here?

(Y/N): About an hour.

Wow. Just wow. He really was committed to this. These bullies are probably a bigger problem than I first thought.

(Y/N): So, when do we start?

I drop the backpack of equipment onto the ground.

Mikasa: Now!

I charge him and knock him down. However he gets right back up.

(Y/N): You'll have to do better than that.

I feel myself smile. I admire his determination.

*TIMESKIP*

YOUR P.O.V.

It's been 3 weeks since I started training with Mikasa and people got word of it. I know because people have been backing off. Jean, Connie, and the others have been leaving me alone. Also, I made some new friends. Mikasa invited me to hang out and I became friends with Eren, Armin, Krista, Sasha, and even Ymir, one of the people picking on me. I even started developing feelings for Mikasa. I didn't know how to tell her though. Only I knew because I wasn't sure how Eren would react.

Today I was supposed to meet Mikasa for more training but, I ran into some unexpected company. When I got to the door, Reiner, Bertololt, Annie, Jean, Connie, and Thomas blocked my path.

Reiner: Going somewhere (L/N)?

(Y/N): Yeah, I'm meeting someone. Mind moving?

Reiner: Not gonna be that simple.

All of them looked like they were about ready to attack so, I dropped my backpack and got into my fighting stance.

(Y/N): We don't have to do this.

Reiner: Well, I want to.

???: Back off!

We all turn to see Ymir and Eren. They walked in front of me and got ready to fight.

(Y/N): Guys?

Eren: Just because you've been trained, that doesn't mean you should fight alone.

Reiner: Ymir, you're standing up for this loser?

Ymir: Well you were gonna fight him six on one. Plus, he's not that bad of a guy once you get to know him. So, you fight him, you fight me.

Eren: And me.

Annie: Looks like he has friends.

Jean: We still got him out-numbered.

???: Or do you?

We turn again to see Armin, Sasha, Krista, and a bunch of other students looking like they're all gonna fight.

Armin: As they say, strength comes in numbers.

Sasha: You guys sure you wanna fight an army?

Connie: There's no way we can fight all of those guys.

Reiner: Hey (L/N), is this how you get out of fights?

(Y/N): No but, this is what happens when you piss off a bunch of students with insults, stealing, and beatings. If you want to fight just know, *gets into fighting stance and smirks* I got a lot of friends.

???: So don't try.

Mikasa comes up right next to me and takes her fighting stance. The bullies look at each other before making a decision.

Bertololt: Reiner, let's go before things get ugly.

Reiner: You won this round (L/N)!

The bullies leave and I turn to everyone.

(Y/N): Thank you all!

Sasha: Actually (Y/N), we should be thanking you.

(Y/N): Huh?

Krista: All of these kids were bullied by those guys but, you were the first victim to stand up to them.

Armin: You gave all these people courage to stand (Y/N) so...

Everyone: Thank you!

I bow to them and they bow back.

(Y/N): Y-You're welcome.

Mikasa: (Y/N).

(Y/N): Yeah?

Mikasa: C'mon, we have more to do.

(Y/N): Okay.

I leave the others and Mikasa leads me to the back of the school.

(Y/N): Why are we back here?

Mikasa: To spar. If you can land a blow on me, I'll give you a reward.

(Y/N): I can't hit you.

Mikasa: And why is that?

(Y/N): I don't hit girls, you know that. That's why you have me hit punching bags and pads.

Mikasa: (Y/N), there are no genders when it comes to sparring or self-defense. I am not a girl when I fight. You are not a boy when you fight. When we are fighting, we are only people. We will go all out and you must hit or be hit. Understand?

I really don't want to hit her but, she has a point. If I have to fight, I have those two options.

(Y/N): O-Okay.

We both take our fighting stances and I charge her. She moves to the side and sweeps me but, I do a forward roll to regain my footing. I charge at her and throw a punch that she easily blocks. I throw a barrage of punches and kicks but, Mikasa blocks all of them and sweeps me to the ground. I jump up and go for a punch which I knew she'd block. As predicted, she did and I used by other hand to do a punch. I stop the punch when it was only centimeters away from her face.

(Y/N): Got ya.

Mikasa: Impressive. I trained you well. Now, for the reward for your hard work.

Mikasa quickly closed the gap between our lips. I was surprised of course but, I kissed back. As I wrapped my arms around her waist, she wrapped hers around my neck. We stayed like this for about 30 seconds before separating.

(Y/N): I...I...

Mikasa: I know. I like you too.

I smile and kiss her again. It was then we went from student and teacher to boyfriend and girlfriend.

========================================================================

This took me a few months to write. I'm far behind. Well, it was fun.

C'YA LATA