8

Few weeks after.

Idara and Gift were surprised to find out Ife had resumed long before resumption when they returned and also had to accept the new Ife the way she was.

The old Ife was the life of the party, the number one girl when it comes to having fun, her face was always shinning and she always had her face stuffed with make up, they were always on point though. She had won best dressed student award thrice in fact but now she is one gloomy girl who stuffs her face in books all the time.

"Maybe she just want to do her best to boost her G.P but I don't think one semester is enough for that though" Gift had told Idara who only shrugged, they were only making assumptions and Ife would not tell them anything.

Gift was getting ready for class before remembering she will be needing a pencil for her class, she searched her drawer for pencil only to find a new one.

"Nawa ooo, where will I see blade in this house?" She lamented and looked over to Ife who has her ears plugged with earpiece while reading, she sighed wondering how she will ask for blade without getting yelled at.

"Ife" she said tapping Ife who quickly plugged out one of her earpiece.

"What?" Ife asked sharply, Gift had to calm down so this would not turn into a fight.

"Please borrow me that blade you were using last night, I want to sharpen my pencil" Gift asked as politely as she could be. Ife just rolled her eyes and replied bluntly "No".

Gift was taken aback by her blunt response "No keh but what is it now? Just ordinary blade" She said angrily, she and Ife always fought before but now that she had become untouchable and unapproachable, they fight every goddamn time.

"I said no, is it your blade?" Ife shot at her angrily, she can't give her her blade, can't she just accept that and leave her the hell alone? Ife though to herself.

"Eeeeeeh," Gift said clapping her hands "see me see wahala ooo, you cannot give me, no what am I even saying, borrow me ordinary ten naira blade" Gift asked in disbelief but instead of Ife replying, she plugged her earpiece back in and continued reading, Gift hissed, packed her things and walked out of the room. It's ordinary blade after all, she will buy on her way before some people start acting like a god over ten naira blade.

___________

Idara rushed into the room, only to find Gift typing away on her phone and Ife dressing up to go somewhere, at least she did not forget her dress sense but no make up though.

"How long were you planning to hide it from us uhn? Is that the reason for your recent attitude? Ehn Ife?" Idara asked angrily, catching the attention of Gift who doesn't even want to hear anything that has to do with Ife again.

"What is it Idara? Why are you just shouting unnecessarily" Ife asked rudely. Gift scoffed at Ife's manner of response, that is why she has taken her safe off Ife's case, she has now become so saucy and rude.

"You and Ire broke up" Idara replied ignoring Ife's rude response only to receive a hiss from Ife who also walked out without an actual response. Idara watched Ife in awe as she left the room.

"Really? She just hissed and walked out on me?" Idara asked Gift in surprise. Gift laughed really hard.

"Did I not tell you to leave her Royal Highness alone?" Gift asked in response.

"Ha, I did not know it was this worse! Okay four years together and they just broke up? I feel sorry for her and don't blame her for her newly found attitude" Idara replied, Gift nodded thinking deeply about it, she must really be heartbroken and frustrated.

"Well, it is true but she could have just told us" Gift said and Idara agreed to that.

__________

This is just the beginning I guess.