Fog of the Heart

Tionne
It was 3am and I was up feeding Chase her bottle. I smiled seeing her look around with her eyes. She was such a sweet baby.

"You want me to get her so you can get some rest? I know you're tired baby." Shianne said sitting up. I looked down at Chase as she looked around while eating her bottle.

"You sure you got her? It's okay if you go back to sleep." I said as she shook her head.

"Un uh, I'm fine. You just had our baby two days ago and I know you're tired. Give her to me." She said holding out her hands. I took her bottle out of her mouth and looked at her before kissing her nose lightly. I passed her to Shianne and she sat her up supporting her neck with one hand and softly patting her back with the other to burp her.

"Look at her, sticking her little tongue out." I said smiling. Minutes later, she finally burped making us laugh. She started to cry afterwards and Shianne  reached for her pacifier holding it in her mouth. She continued to cry making my heart skip a beat. It was the most tiniest cry that I've ever heard. She began to simmer down as Shianne held her over her chest while supporting her back with her hands.

"Look at thatttt." Shi sung seeing Chase sound asleep. " My baby just wanted her nuenie." She said referring to her pacifier.

"She's so spoiled, and that's going to be a problem later on when she gets older." I said shaking my head. All Shianne could do was lean over and kiss me on the lips.

"Get some sleep baby." She said. I turned over on my side and did just that.

~
It was like twelve forty five when I woke up. I heard the Tv on and turned over seeing Shianne watching Tv with Chase still sleeping on her chest. I smiled as I sat up.

"Good morning baby." Shianne said smiling at me.

"Morning babe. She's been sleep this whole time?" I asked. She nodded and gently rubbed Chase's back as she stirred in her sleep.

"Yea, she woke up to eat, and I changed her diaper. Other than that, she's been sleeping the whole time." 

I nodded and got up to shower and do my hygiene. After I got out, I smiled seeing Chase wide awake. I held out my hands as Shianne passed her to me. Once I got her in my arms, I remember why I fell in love with her the day she got here. She had tiny hands and she kicked her little feet while trying to sit her head up on her own. I supported her head with my hands and helped her sit her head up before smilling with a slight giggle. ''Now you see mommy? You're such a pretty girl.''

She laid her head back on my chest and began to make cute little baby noises. Shianne came over to where we were and smiled as Chase bolted her attention over to her. It was the cutest thing ever because Shianne's attention was on Chase and Chase was so invested in what Shianne was doing.

''Heyyyy, Hey princess.'' She said giving her butterfly kisses on her nose. Chase made little noises as Shi rubbed her head softly. Lord did Chase have a head full of hair. I pray that when she gets older, she blossoms into such a beautiful young woman and does whatever she wants to do in life. Trust me, Chase will never have to ask for anything because whatever she needs either I give it to her, or Shianne gives it to her.

''So baby I was thinking that we should get her ears pierced when she gets a little older. Like maybe at three or four months." I said putting Chase's pacifier in her mouth.

"I think that would be nice and cute. I'm just not ready for the hard part about the whole ears piercing thing. I don't like seeing my princess cry." She said getting up and going to her dresser.