A mothers prayer

Lisa
It was two in the morning when I began to feel sharp pains coming from my abdomen. I knew it was just a little pain that goes along with my pregnacy. Since I was woken up, I decided to just go and make me some tea to soothe my pain. I carefully got out of bed trying not to wake Shawn. I slowly waddled down the stairs and into the kitchen, grabbing my mug from the top shelf. I guess Shawn heard the commotion and came downstairs to see what was wrong.

''Hey baby, you okay?'' He asked coming up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his hands on my belly.

''Yea, I'm okay. Just having a little pain.''

''You want to go ahead and go to the hospital? I mean you could be having contractions baby.''

I shook my head and assured him that I was okay for now. ''No. She's not even due until a week from now. I'm sure it's just a part of my symptoms.''

''Okay baby, i'm going to agree with you; but if you keep having pain, we're going to go ahead and head over to the hospital. I want you to be as safe as possible.'' He said. Kissing my forehead. I gave a slight smile as he walked away upstairs.

"Alright princess, mommy needs you to hang on in there. You're gonna worry your daddy to death." I said rubbing my belly. I sat at the island in my kitchen and drank my tea while watching fresh prince of bel air. After I was finished and felt a little better, I walked back upstairs and got back in bed. Shawn pulled me into him and kissed me on my forehead.

"You okay baby?" He asked.

"Yea I'm okay. She's just having a little too much fun in there." I said.

After what seemed like forever, I got comfortable enough to go back to sleep.

7:45 am
I woke up to sharp pain which made me begin to cry. I reached over to Shawn and shook him as best as I could.

"Baby! Help me." I cried holding my stomach. A few seconds later, water gushed from between my legs followed by sharp pain in my lower back.

"Hey hey, i got you. Just breathe." Shawn said moving the covers off of me. He stood up in front of me and wrapped my arms around his waist helping him lift me up. He rubbed my back before helping me out to the car.

We arrived at the hospital and it wasn't even time for me to begin pushing yet. I started to get frustrated and held onto the rail as the doctor argued with Shawn.

"I'm sorry sir but we can't let her push until she's ten meters dilated. Even though her water has broken and she's having contractions, that baby is not ready to come out yet."

"My wife is in pain doctor. Do you see how much she's crying out for help?" Shawn asked.

"Baby it's okay, I'll push when she's ready to come out." I said under my breath, loud enough for him to hear. He walked over to me and grabbed my hand kissing it over and over. He sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed my stomach as i took slow breaths.

"It's gonna be okay beautiful. You're strong and you can do this. In a couple of hours our beautiful baby girl will be delivered and our lives will change for the better." He said kissing my head.

His reassurance made me feel a lot better; but it wasn't going to take the pain away.

Tangi
"Gimmie my shit." I said snatching my bags from the officer. Me, Mia, and Trena asses was finally getting released today and we bout happy as fuck.

"Fuck y'alllll we out dis bitch." Mia said sticking up her middle fingers.

"Y'all need to leave before I keep you in here." Mrs. Parker said.