2

I awoke in the night to a strong smell. One that I know all to well from the campfire gatherings in the summer.

It was the smell of burning wood.

My eyes shot open and I raced to the corner of my room to grab my bag, and bow and arrows along with something to tie up my h/l hair. It was by my bag, so I just went ahead and grabbed it. Again, since the elders daughter was taken, the girls have been made to take classes on self defense. Well, everyone was, but the girls especially.

The smell of burning wood was strong, practically singeing the inside of my nose, and I noticed that the room felt hotter than normal. It didn't take a genius to realize that my house was on fire. I jumped out the window, and saw that my house wasn't the only one. Everyone's house was. The children were scared, trying to stay near their parents. It was a sad sight. They were too young to really grasp the situation. But I knew.
I knew exactly what was happening.

The village was under attack.

I quickly looked around, to see who would attack us, when I saw...

Him...

I had heard the legends, and myths. I read the stories but I never thought I'd see him in person.

He had ash-blonde hair, that was kind of spikey. A blood red cape with white trimmings, and dozens of necklaces adorned on his neck. Some earrings in his ears, with tattoos, covering his arms and chest. His eyes, from what I could see from the distance, even if it was just for a split second, I could clearly see that his eyes were a deep crimson red.

It was him...

The barbarian king...
The dragon lord...
Him...

Bakugou katsuki...

I ran.

I ran as far as I could go. Thing is, our rule for the young girls is, to flee into the woods if the village is ever attacked. I wanted to stay and fight, but I would just be forced into the forest by the elders. Anyone over 30 could join in with fighting, but if your younger than that, the elders will personally knock you out, drag you into the woods, and leave you somewhere far away. It was better to just run.

So that's what I did.

I ran. I ran faster and longer than I ever did before. Even if my feet were screaming at me to rest. Even if my legs felt as if they were about to give out. Even though my lungs were screaming for air, I ran. I ran and ran, until the sun came up. I was exhausted I needed food. I needed water. Most of all, I needed rest. I walked after 5 minutes of resting until I came across a lake. I was overjoyed! I cupped my hands and drank. I never knew water could taste so good! 

After a minute or so, I went into my bag and grabbed an arrow. I saw some fish swimming by and knew I had to do this the old-fashioned way. After a minute, a fish swam by, and as soon as I saw it, my arrow was thrusted through it, and in its place was a cloud of blood. I got a decent sized fish. Enough for me to eat some breakfast. I quickly gathered some pinecones, and twigs, and the flint and steel in my bag. Some people prefer the friction way, but I like flint and steel better.

 I started a small, CONTROLLED fire and cooked my fish. It was delicious! Not long after I ate, I stomped out the fire, and climbed a tree to sleep in the branches. It was better than sleeping on the dirt. Plus, less chance of being kidnapped while you sleep. And after a minute, fell into a dreamless sleep, with one thought on my mind.

Are the people from my village okay?