chapter ten

when jace woke up again he couldn't tell how long it was since he passed out but the sick feeling was almost gone. rage filled him when he remembered how his beta and delta had treated him the day before. he went almost feral when he remembered that they had told him tommy was in the cells. jace sat up wanting to head to where tommy was and check if he was okay but the second he sat up he felt woosy and had to lean back down. he growled angrily.

just then the door opened and in came bella came in. he had half the mind to empty the bowl of soup she was balancing on a plate as she pushed the door closed again. he was even angrier to hear it lock.

"you must be hungry, i brought you something to eat" she said softly.

"i'm not" jace growled back

"don't be stubborn alpha. you need to regain your strength" she said placing the food on the table beside his bed and reaching out to run her fingers through his hair. he caught her hand and flashed his alpha red eyes at her.

"do not touch me" his voice had turned more animal than man by this point making her take a step back.

"i'm only trying to help" she said in her sickeningly sweet tone. 

"by locking me up?" he asked forcing his exhausted and aching body to sit up.

"your not in your right mind alpha..." she started making him tighten his hold on her hand and growl at her.

"says who?" he asked his eyes flicker from red to their normal color 

"the pack doctor. that's why we're doing this" even the way she spoke was making him angrier and angrier by the moment.

"if your smart you'll let me out right now. i'm your alpha, all of you will be punished once i'm out and who even hurts my mate will have it worse of all" he growled. her eyes hardened and her smile vanished

"your human is safe. but if you continue calling him your mate i assure you he won't be." then suddenly her sickeningly sweet smile and soft voice was back  "don't be delusional alpha its me who's  your mate" just before he could retaliate by ripping her throat out the door unlocked and opened. jace saw her brother and sister at the thrush hold and let go of her and watched her walk out as if nothing had happened. as the door was closing back up he saw a flash of a familiar shirt in ben, his gamma's hand and caught the scent of his blood. jace leaned over the side of his bed and emptied out the content of his stomach.