𝐀𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐔 // ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Plot : Y/n is a new student at Date tech High. On her first day of school she takes decides to take the train where she meets a boy with the same uniform as her named Aone. He gave her weird vibes at first but she grew to know him through out the day.

requested by : Aone_is_Best_Boi

•••••

"Alright, go in, introduce myself and make friends," that's what y/n kept repeating over and over again as she walked towards the train station. She had just moved to Miyagi Perfecture and enrolled into a school that her mom's friend had recommended. Y/n knew how hard it is to walk into a new school and not know anyone there, to make matters worst, she already had trouble making friends. See, she was never really the sociable type, it would take her quite a while to get to know people and to be able to call them a friend. It was sad that she had to leave her hometown and all her friends there but there wasn't anything she could do about it.

As she reached the train station, she had purchased her ticket and got onboard the train. The train was very packed, there were people standing and sitting. Y/n wasn't surprised though, it's early in the morning, people had to go to school and work. Instead she kept her head down low and went to grab a nearby pole before the train can take off.

She then lifted up her head to see an empty seat right next to her. She was happy to be able to find a seat but she was also confused, there were many people on the train but why wouldn't anyone sit down on that one seat. Was it cursed? Is someone pranking her? Y/n clearly had no idea until she turned her head to see that a giant man was sitting right next to the seat.

Was that the reason why? She asked herself. The man looked like a highschool student since he was wearing a sports jacket, how did y/n know? Well that was because she did all the research she could last night about her school before coming. She was able to recognize her school clothes anywhere in Miyagi.

Nobody sat down next to him which made y/n feel sad since she probably knew that people are scared of him. Even y/n herself is scared of sitting next to him but she didn't want to stand up the whole ride. Besides even if he was a bad person, what can he do to her, they are in public right now. So she gathered all her courage and took a seat next to the big fellow.

Y/n's sudden action startled the boy, he turned to look at her and she looked back. She didn't want to come off as someone who is easily scared so she kept eye contact with the boy but inside, she was actually terrified. The boy broke eye contact and looked down at his laps instead. Y/n expected him to tell her to go away or just say something mean but he didn't. Maybe he's not what as his appearance says she thought.

Maybe she can start talking to someone from the same school as her before getting there and they could help her around. The train then took off but y/n decided to stay quiet for a little bit more before trying to talk to the giant.

"So..it looks like we go to the same school huh?" Y/n started. The boy lifted up his head and looked around before pointing at himself confused. "Hahaha, yeah I'm talking to you," she giggled.

The boy looked surprised but all he did was nod, silencing the both of them. It was awkward but y/n couldn't back down now, that would be kind of foolish of her.

"Anyways, I'm y/n l/n. I'm a first year at Date tech High, what about you?" She started again, hoping to get him to talk to her.

The boy looked at her once more but didn't say a word, all he did was stare at her. That made y/n feel awkward so she turned away from him, now she knows that she shouldn't try to strike up a conversation with him.

"....Aone Takanobu, second year..." He muttered. Y/n looked up at him and bowed her head a little.

"Ah I'm sorry, you're my senior," She apologized. Aone quickly reacted by putting both his hands up in front of her and shaking his head. "Oh, no need to apologise? Oh okay then," she muttered.

"Say, I notice that you're wearing a sports jacket. Are you in a sports club at school?" She added. Aone then slowly nodded at her, y/n smiled brightly back and looked at him in awe. "Wow, that's so cool. Which club are you in?"

"Volleyball..." Aone replied. Y/n nodded at him happily.

"I've never played volleyball before, I heard people say it's fun." Y/n told "Also, if it's okay with you. Can you help show me around the school when we get there? I'm not really that good at making friends."

Aone looked at her surprised for a moment but soon put on his usual expression and nodded.

"Great!" Y/n exclaimed.

***Arrival at school***

Y/n had walked with Aone towards the school, she did try to make small talks with him but he remained as usual, sometimes y/n even thought that she annoyed him. Even so, she still followed Aone around the school, the first place he walked towards was the gym. It seemed that no one was there, Aone was the first to arrive along with y/n.

"We're at the gym, are you gonna practice volleyball?" She asked. Aone looked at her and nodded. "Ah that seems nice...can you teach me how to play?" She asked again. Aone was yet again surprised by her words but he didn't hesitate to nod again.

"Alright, where do I start?" Y/n asked before they stepped into the gym, bringing out the volleyballs and putting up the net.

"...I'm a middle blocker..." Aone stated. "...I'll show you how to block.."

Y/n nodded and went to stand next to him in front of the net. She followed his every movement, from bending her knees to keeping her face towards the net.

"You need to keep your eye on the ball, when the opponents are about to spike the ball, it is important to get the timing right and jump to block the ball," Aone explained before he jumped into the air and throwing his arms over the net as a demonstration.

Y/n eyes glistened as she saw the way Aone jumped, he looked so professional and calm doing so. She even found it kind of attractive too. She smiled widely and copied Aone, it was a huge failure though. Her jump was very little, her fingers was barely higher than the net itself and not to mention she nearly stumbled backwards when landing on her feet again.

"Agh, gosh darn it. That was a huge fail," Y/n cursed under breath as she placed both her hands on her hips.

Aone looked at the girl rather funny. He let out a small chuckle at her failure but tried not to think of it. Y/n noticed this and turned towards him.

"Heyyy, what are you laughing at?" She huffed. Aone shook his head and smiled back before turning to face the net.

"You probably focused too much on what you saw rather than knowing your own abilities. I think you need to strengthen both your arms and legs to be able to perform a proper block." Aone advised. Y/n nodded and tried to fix her mistakes. The two students continued to practice volleyball with Aone teaching her the basics and y/n trying to catch up with what he's saying.

The both practiced until y/n eventually grew tired and decided to take a break. She went to the side of the gym and sat down.

"Ah I'm sorry, you can continue practicing without me." She said as she chugged down water from her bottle. Aone shooked his head and sat down beside her.

"This is your first time, I know how tiring it is but you'll find it enjoyable if you keep practicing." Aone spoke.

"Yeah but other than playing volleyball on my first day here, I'm actually glad that you're the first person I talked to," Y/n admitted. Aone turned his head towards her with eyes wide open and a slight pink blush forming on his cheeks.

"No one has ever said that to me...even worse no one has ever approached me as easily as you did...but...I appreciate that you weren't scared to do something like that, especially with me," Aone confessed as he looked down at his feets. Y/n looked at him and giggled before playfully punching his arms.

"Well I'm glad that you're my first official friend here~," Aone looked back at her and smiled. Except that this wasn't any of the regular smile that he had given other people, this was the soft smile that shows when he is happy and touched.

"Thank you y/n" he replied.

"AONE HAS A GIRL IN HERE!" One of Aone's teammates yelled at the entrance of the gym.

•••••
A/n: Just a reminder that requests are still open~ and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Sorry if it wasn't to your liking.

Words: 1525
Published: 05.08.2020
Currently: Edited