- 2 -

David was cutting branches in the jungle at the others followed behind him, "The ridge is just a few hundred paces up ahead," Hook told them.

"You really think we're gonna be able to see Pan's hideout?" Emma asked.

"From there, we should be able to see everything, including where he's keeping your son," Hook told her.

"You know, I could have just poof'd us up there in an instant," Regina said.

"Where? Have you any idea what's up here or anywhere? There are dangers all about, only I can guide us past them," Hook said.

"He's right, Hook's lived here before, if he says hiking up is the best way, then we should listen to what he says," Brooke said and past Regina, walking beside Hook.

"Here, need to stay hydrated," Mary Margaret said, handing Brooke a flask of water and she looked at Hook, "Can you excuse us a moment, please?" 

"Of course," Hook nodded and slowed down.

"Thanks," Brooke said and drunk the water.

"You know... You could call me mom if you want... You started to call me mom," Mary Margaret said.

"That was back when we had found each other and I thought it was right..." Brooke said.

"I get it..." Mary Margaret said.

"I see you as my best friend still, so it's a little different to not see that," Brooke said and handed back the flask of water.

David was cutting branches still, just as he was about to cut a branch with thorns on it, Hook stopped him, "No, no!" Hook said.

"I can handle a couple of thorns," David said.

"That's dream shade, it's not the thorns that you have to worry about. It's the poison they inject you with," Hook said, "This plant is the source of the toxins I used on The Dark One," Hook told them.

"The poison that almost killed Gold?" Emma questioned.

"Indeed, I used a concentrated dose. In its natural form, death would be much slower and far more painful. I suggest we go this way," Hook said pointing to the direction closest to him.

"We'll go this way," David said and went the direction closest to his and the others follow.

Brooke stayed behind and looked at Hook, she patted his arm, giving him a small smile and followed them with Hook behind her, "Your father's a distrustful fellow," Hook said.

"He's just not used to working with the people he believes are the bad guys," Brooke said.

"You know as well as I, that on this island, I am not the bad guy," Hook counters.

Brooke turned to him and they stopped walking looking at each other, "Of course I know that but they don't," She whispered to him, "And how they know it and how I knew it before my dreams, Pan's not supposed to be one either in our world, he was the good guy and you, well the bad guy," Brooke shrugged and carried on walking.

"What possibly gave them that idea?" Hook asked and followed her.

"Every story most child have read or watched as a child," Brooke told him.

"Well, they got it all wrong. Pan is the most treacherous villain I've ever faced," He grabbed her wrist gently, stopping her walking and Brooke looked at him, "Tell me something, love, in these stories what was I like? Other than a villain, handsome, I gather," Hook asked her.

"If waxed moustaches and perms are your thing," Brooke said in an uninteresting tone and walked ahead again.

"I take it by your tone, perms are bad?" He questioned and followed her.