- 22 -

Enchanted Forest: One Year Ago...

Killian was laying on the floor as Ariel stood above him, "Fear of adding insult to injury, would you mind catching me up on your particular grievance?" Killian asked her.

"You kidnapped Prince Eric and you're gonna return him to me," Ariel said.

Killian began to stand up, "Kidnapping a prince does sound like something I would do, but... I'm afraid you've got the wrong pirate," Killian said and grabbed the knife from Ariel, spun her around and placed the knife to her throat, "Or should I say the wrong pirate has you?"

"Go ahead... Kill me, but I still know you're lying," Ariel said as she struggled against him, "One of Eric's men escaped, so I know the ship that took him was yours... The Jolly Roger," Ariel told him.

"The Jolly Roger? Are you certain? Answer me!" Killian yelled and made Ariel face him with the knife still against her throat.

"You really didn't take him," Ariel said.

"What else do you know about who's captaining my ship? Did that man tell you anything else?" Killian asked angrily.

"Only that he was able to escape with a weapon that he stole from the armoury... The dagger that's against my throat," Ariel said.

Killian released Ariel and looked at the dagger seeing the letters B.B engraved on it.

Killian laughed a little and walked back into the tavern and saw his crew asleep, "Rise and shine, you bilge rats! No offence, Mr Smee," Killian said as his crew began to wake up.

"None taken," Mr Smee as he woke up, "I keep dreaming about cheese, what is it?" He asked.

"I know who has the Jolly Roger and we're gonna take her back," Hook said sitting at the table.

"Whose funeral shall we be attending, sir?" Mr Smee asked.

Killian stabbed the table with the dagger, "Black Beard," Killian said.

"Black Beard? But... He's the most cutthroat pirate ever to hoist a sail. Uh... After you, of course," Mr Smee said.

"Which will make it all the more satisfying when I take my ship back and make him walk her lovely plank," Killian said.

"Let's not be hasty, we've been having fun robbing carriages. Getting rich from it, too. M...m...maybe we should forget about the Jolly Roger. You said it yourself, we don't need to be..." Smee said.

"She's not just a ship," Killian said.

"I'm fairly certain she is," Smee said.

"She's more than that, I haven't been myself since we've returned. I should've realised the reason why, it's because I don't have her," Killian said.

"Her? You talk about the vessel as though she's a woman," Smee said.

"Women come and go, Mr Smee, but a pirate's life... It's forever," Killian said, more trying to convince himself than anyone else.

"Still, captain... I doubt we could even find Black Beard," Smee said.

Don't be a coward! I know where he moors his vessels," Killian said.

"And is it actually with Black Beard? You don't want to tell the Princess you nearly had her and it was a fake again, do you?" Smee asked.

"It's true this time Smee, I'll talk to Lyn. It's less than a day's trek to get to the ship and then I'll have my ship again," Killian said.

"And I will have my prince," Ariel said as she walked up to them.

"Few people have held a dagger to my throat and lived to tell the tale, I'd leave before I change my mind," Killian told her.