Chapter Seven

👀 I amn... Sorry I was gone so long. Things have happened... I'm working on shit... So yeah.

Warnings: PTSD, injuries, blood, self depreciation, toxic relationship, panic attack, possible food mentions.

Enjoy~

Patton hissed in pain as he pulled the bandages off his torso. They pulled scabs with them, and he twisted around to look at it. The welts were still red and raw and ugly, and a few of them had started to bleed again. But he had to change the bandages, apparently. Patton rubbed ointment over the welts, tears burning his eyes as he did so. 

He lifted his head slightly to look at the mirror. The bruises across his arms and chest were still visible, ugly black and yellow marks. The cuts from Matthew’s belt wrapped around the sides of Patton’s rib cage, but the ones near his front hadn’t been as severe. Patton bit his lip and finished with the ointment, then washed the rest off his hands. It came away slightly pink. He grabbed the fresh gauze bandages and wrapped them around his chest. 

“You okay in there?” Virgil was just outside. Patton smiled through the pain as he fastened the bandages. Virgil was honestly like a mother-hen, which Patton used to consider his own role. Now, though, when he was the one that needed it? Virgil was the smothering one. “Patt?”

“I-I’m good.” Patton stammered, pulling his shirt over his head. 

It stretched the welts on his back and he grimaced, but stayed silent. If he made it seem like he was in pain, Virgil would be in here helping within moments. Patton didn’t want his help. Patton sighed softly and washed his face, erasing tear tracks. He grabbed his cat hoodie and slipped it on as well, hiding the bruises on his arms. They all knew about the bruises, of course, but he didn’t like to see them.

“Hey buddy.” Virgil smiled when Patton stepped out. “You sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah, I’m good.” Patton shrugged him away and walked toward the living room.

“Patton, are you sure-”

“Yes!” Patton turned around. “I have to go to class, Virgil. I can’t just fail.”

“I’m sure the prof-”

“I’m going.” Patton said decisively, picking up his backpack. “Let’s go.” Virgil sighed.

“Okay, Logan are you ready?”

“Of course.” Logan stepped out of his room with his backpack, smiling gently at the both of them. “Are you ready for a day of learning?”

“Please stop.” Virgil sighed, hanging his head. Patton giggled. “Honestly, every day Logan. Must you say that every single day?”

“Yes. It is one of the few joys I have in life.” Logan said blandly, winking at Patton. Patton grinned.

“Let’s just go,” Virgil groaned. “If we’re late Roman’s gonna be all obnoxious about it.” Logan chuckled, shaking his head, but the three of them left the apartment anyway and started down toward the bus stop.

Patton rubbed a finger along the strap of his backpack nervously, though he wasn’t sure why he was nervous. It was the first time he went outside since it happened, maybe that was it. Maybe he was worried about people finding out, or about Matthew being on campus somewhere.

No, Matthew was gone. Patton scowled at the ground as they walked. He wouldn’t be on campus, and he wouldn’t see Patton ever again. Great, now he was going to get upset again.

“There’s Roman.” Virgil said, breaking the awkward silence. “Hey, Princey!”

“Hey guys!” Roman beamed when they approached. “Ready for a day of learning?”