Chapter 55

Airbuses are seen picking up the last few civilians and students. Port and Oobleck oversee the evacuation.

Port: That's it! Everybody on board! This is a mandatory evacuation!

Oobleck: A safe zone has been established in Vale! Please, remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel!

Weiss stares at what is in front of her, in disbelief. As Ruby comes running down the path, Zwei barks to alert Weiss to her leader's presence, and Weiss turns around to greet her.

Weiss: Ruby!

Ruby: Oh, I found you!

Weiss: Ruby, where have you-

Ruby: Don't worry, I'm fine! What's going on?

Weiss lowers her gaze sadly.

Ruby: Weiss? What is it?

Weiss steps aside, giving Ruby a clear view of Blake and Yang lying on the ground. Both girls have bandages wrapped around their wounds, and the latter is unconscious. Behind them sit Nora and Ren, who are too battered and bruised to fight. Blake reaches over and places her hand on Yangs.

Blake: I'm sorry.

Ruby reaches out and opens her mouth to say something, but in her emotional state, she doesn't know what to say.

Blake: I'm so sorry.

Ruby: Yang...

Sunny: Hey. She's gonna be okay. The soldiers have a ship ready to take you guys to Vale.

Nora: But Jane, Pyrrha, Drago and snow are still missing.

Nora attempts to stand, but she quickly sits back down, groaning and holding her side.

Ruby: What!?

Sunny: Look, guys, that giant Grimm is circling the school! Even the White Fang are pulling out! We all have to go, now!

Ren: We're not... leaving! Ugh!

Sunny turns and casts a worried look at Blake.

Ruby: I'll find them... I'll find them, and I'll bring them back.

Weiss: No! We will find them. Watch after Blake and Yang. We'll be back.

Ruby and Weiss run back toward Beacon Academy, while Sunny watches them go.

Sunny: You better be! Idiots.

In front of Beacon Tower as Jane and Pyrrha run out of the front door. The muffled sounds of Ozlin and Cinder's fight can be heard.

Jane: Okay, I think I have Glynda's number. Oh, where is it?

Pyrrha turns and stares silently at Beacon Tower. Jane's voice soon breaks her concentration.

Jaune: Pyrrha? What was all of that?

Pyrrha: I...

Their conversation is interrupted by an explosion, followed by Cinder using fire to fly up through the elevator shaft. The two teens stare at the tower in surprise. Inside the tower, Drago is holding some part of the tower up to keep Ozlin alive who was unconscious and he saw her spirit leave her body.

Drago: come on stay with me.

Ozlin: I will still be there for you but in spirit.

Ozlin closes her eyes and Drago has a small tear slipping out his eye. He looks at the ground then back at Ozlin, he snaps his fingers letting Ozlin still be alive but she will stay unconscious, it will take a long time for her to heal. He snaps his fingers again letting her be gone and save.