Chapter 3: Friends?

Warm yellow rays rested on Luigi's face. It was morning already, well, no wonder.. he only slept like 4 hours. He got up and went to the bathroom, careful to not wake Mario up, who loudly snored in the other room. The green one washed his face, brushed his teeth and put on his typical outfit: overalls and a green sweater.
He then got out and went downstairs to prepare breakfast.
"Since Mario's asleep.. maybe I-a can have more food for once?" He thought. It's not like Mario starved him or anything, but he just ate more than Luigi, often leaving him just the leftovers. That's why he was a lot more skinnier than his bother too.
He proceeded to make blueberry pancakes, the kitchen smelt delicious, the morning was so happy! ..then he remembered he had to see Waluigi. Oh jeez, if he didn't remember he would've never knew..
Now with a little fear, Luigi flipped the pancakes and placed them in a green plate, stacking them and adding maple syrup on top. He thought of saving one for Waluigi but they'd get hard when the time comes. He sat down on the couch and started eating. Oh, oh Goodness.. it was absolutely scrumptious. The food filled him and his stomach with joy, he didn't eat fast to make sure he enjoyed every single bite.
Mario woke up and just went downstairs, no bathroom or getting changed.
"G'morning bro! What are you-a eating? Did you save some for me?"
Luigi literally ate all of the pancakes. It wasn't his fault, the poor boy hasn't had a full meal since last week, but the funny thing is that he didn't think about sharing with anyone but Waluigi..
"U-uh.. I'm-a sorry Mario, I ate it all.." he sighed with a sad look.
"Oh, it's-a okay! I already ate much yesterday.. maybe almost the-a entire cake you baked, haha!!" Mario just laughed to himself and he sat down with his brother.

Waluigi woke up. He slept in the basement, but it wasn't actually a bad place. It wasn't dirty or broken. It all looked so great! Purple walls, a nice bed (it wasn't long enough though, keep in mind this man is 7'7  feet tall), and lots of awards from tournaments and competitions. He didn't wear anything to sleep, just his underwear, so he quickly got out of bed and put on his normal clothes.
"Da lil green boy wants to see me today huh?" he laughed quietly and headed upstairs.
And well.. Wario obviously was still sleeping and wasn't planning to wake up at all. His room was a mess, he snored so loud probably the whole kingdom could hear. It didn't smell very good either.. but that's just how he is.
The tall one brushed his ginger hair back and tied it with an elastic, he actually had very soft hair but nobody was really interested in touching it, he didn't like being touched anyways.

It was finally 2:30 PM, just half an hour for them to meet. Oh wait, Luigi didn't even tell Mario.
"Oh..! Um, Mario.. I have a date with W- Daisy!! A date with uh.. Daisy today and I-a was wondering if I could go alone..?" He awkwardly smiled.
Mario jumped on him and hugged him. "Yahoo!! My brother is finally going on another date! Of-a course Luigi, I'm so proud of you!" Luigi just hugged him back, he was glad he didn't have to come. If he did, uh.. things wouldn't go very well.
Luigi grabbed a basket and put some food in it, also a mantle.
"Ohhh I see! A picnic date! How-a thoughtful of you Weeg!"
Luigi didn't want his meeting to be so dull, he wanted to cheer it up, maybe Waluigi was hungry?
He waved at Mario and left the house, heading to Acorn Plains.
Waluigi checked the time and frowned, he was wondering if Luigi planned to kill him instead or something. He left anyways without telling the sleeping one.
Once Luigi arrived, he decided to go under a big, stunning tree that gave him a lot of shade. He put the mantle nicely on the floor and sat on it, waiting patiently and nervously. He looked like a delicate flower, he looked.. pretty. The gentle wind moved his hair in a hypnotizing motion. He saw someone tall approaching, his heart started beating faster, but he let a big exhale out. "It's going to be a-okay Luigi, calm down." He thought to himself.
Of course, it was Waluigi, Luigi was surprised he even showed up honestly.
"Heya, greenie." The tall one said looking around. "Whas all dis..?"
"O-oh I.. welcome..! Sit down and um.. r-relax.." Luigi patted the mantle indicating Waluigi to sit there. He did so. It was a little intimidating, Waluigi was just so tall, even sitting down.
"S-so uh.. how are-a you..?" He tried to make eye contact but he was just so embarrassed. Waluigi looked down at him.
"Tired. Ah really couldn't sleep but doesn't surprise me, was up almost da whole night." Luigi couldn't believe he was having a normal conversation with him for once. "Oh um.. that's unfortunate.." he looked into the horizon.
"So, why am I here? Whatcha gonna do?" The purple one asked.
Luigi grabbed the basket and pulled out a slice apple pie. "Um.. well, before anything, a-are you hungry?" He asked, smiling a little. He didn't had have set up all this, but Luigi likes when everything is neat.
Waluigi was hungry, he slowly reached for the plate, a bit embarrassed, so he did it while looking away. His sleeve rolled down a little.
...
What Luigi saw was horrifying. "U-um.. Waluigi? What's that under your sleeve..?"
Waluigi's eyes opened wide, rolling his sleeve back up and leaving the plate on the ground. "Eh..! It's nufin. Any-" he was cut off by Luigi grabbing his arm and rolling his sleeve down. It was completely covered in cuts, large ones, small ones, some looked fresh, some looked old. Waluigi had been harming himself to let out all his sadness, his frustration, his anger. Did anyone know about this? As innocent Luigi was, he knew a lot about this subject. He started tearing up. "..D-did you.. do all of-a this..?" the short one mumbled in a trembly voice, looking up at him.
Waluigi didn't know what to say. His secret was discovered. The reason he didn't just end it all was revealed, cutting comforted him, because nobody else would. Nobody would be there and be proud of him. Nobody would tell him he's actually worthy. Nobody would even tell him he's cared for. Not even Wario. For how long has he been doing this? Luigi assumed for years in his head. Waluigi looked away.
"Weh heh heh.. congratulations, ya discovered what ah do almost everyday to keep me alive. Now what? Ya gonna go and tell everyone?" He mocked Luigi's voice. "Oh guys! Waluigi cuts himself! He does that to feel good! We should hate him even more now!.. That's what ya want hm? As if ah wasn't hated enouf already. I don't care anymore. There's no point of livin if people don't give a feck about ya." But Luigi just started crying. He wouldn't wish this to anyone. Nobody.
"Uh.. eyeballs?" Before Waluigi could say anything, Luigi hugged him. The tall one was shocked. "G-get offa me!!!" He frowned, but Luigi just hugged him tighter, sobbing. "O-oh Mama Mia.. Waluigi, I'm so-a sorry.. if i k-knew all of this sooner.. I would've done something.. you don't deserve this.."
The purple one's long, pointy ears went down. He didn't expect that from anyone. Specially from his rival. What was this feeling..? He was very lightly blushing. He couldn't move. He felt.. warm? Luigi said he didn't deserve that? Luigi would've done something sooner if he knew? He almost wanted to hug him back, but he resisted.
"..eyeballs, why are ya so nice all outta sudden? Are ya uh.. plannin sumfin to kill me? Or fool me?"
But Luigi kept hugging him. Kept sobbing and saying how sorry he felt.
"Waluigi.. you-a m-matter.. your life matters.. I know we're supposed to-a hate each other but I don't want to anymore.. I d-dont want people to hate you.. I know you're not-a like this, I know you grew like this because of bad influences.." he then looked up at him.

"..can we be friends?"

Waluigi felt even more warmth. Was he really hearing this? He thought he'd die miserably, hated by everyone, with no friends. Even though he said he didn't need friends.. he always wanted someone else other than Wario. Wario wasn't that good. He's one of the main reasons Waluigi is this way. The purple one started crying. He has never cried before in his 20 years of living. Why did it feel so good? He wiped his own tears and pat Luigi's back.
"..alright pipsqueak." He smiled. A genuine smile. "We can be.. friends." Waluigi knew the dangers of showing his rival affection. He'd probably be executed or something. They'd have to keep it secret and pretend to hate each other in public.

Luigi stopped hugging him and reached for his basket, for some reason he had band aids that had cute animal designs. He grabbed almost the whole pack and started sticking them on Waluigi's arm.
".. don't take them off okay? They'll-a make your wounds heal faster.."
Waluigi just observed. Luigi was so cute doing anything, he didn't even take the time to look at him that closely. He lightly blushed again. "Heh.. dank you greenie."
It was almost night already. Luigi didn't expect that happening. But he was satisfied. Both of them got up, Luigi put the mantle back in his basket.
"One last ting.. we haf to keep dis secret. If anyone finds out, dey wouldn't be happy at all. Dey'd prolly murder us, understand? So if I'm mean to ya in public.. jus play along."
Luigi nodded, worried that something would happen. But if they were both careful, maybe it could go on like this forever.
They both said goodbye to each other and parted separate ways.
When Waluigi arrived home, Wario surprised him.
"Where'd ya go ya rat?! Ya didn't even tell me!"
Waluigi lied.
"Whatever.. just went on a date wif da Princess, de orange one" Waluigi never liked anyone. He just lied so Wario didn't suspect.
"Fuck yeah man!" Almost screamed Wario, elbowing him hard in a "friendly" way. "Did she kiss ya?! Did she get undressed?! Did ya screw her all day?! Wah hah hah!!" Wario was honestly very perverted.
"No ya retard, we jus.. talked." Waluigi said as he went to his basement.

When Luigi arrived Mario was still on the couch. "Hey bro!! How'd it go??"
"Oh um.. very great!" He smiled as he left the basket on the table for Mario to eat the food in it.
Eventually, everyone went to sleep.