Part 8

Jungkook's POV

"So? No one ended up with Mina?" She asks, eating the ice-cream that I gave her some minutes ago. It's making her recover from the spicy food. I nod my head. "Actually she went abroad the next week with a boy who was set up by her family for her marriage. She was playing with both of us all along and no. Jaemin and I never united after that. It was really something." I look at the bottle. Why am I telling her this? "And I think you know this story?" I look at her and she shakes her head. "Why would I know?" She asks me back. I shake my head. "Nvm."

"So I've told you about Mina. It's your turn. What made you eat these things that you can't even eat?" To be honest, I'm totally surprised by her choice of drowning her emotions. She stops licking the ice-cream and stares at me. After some seconds, she sighs, "Dad was cheated. Today." It must be her dad who called me some hours ago to tell me if she was home yet. He indeed said that she was sad, hurt and angry. I can see why not.

"By stepmom." She adds and I frown at myself. I didn't know she had a stepmom. Gosh, there's so many things I don't know about her. "All these years, I despised him and thought that he didn't deserve to be happy with my mom dead and me being neglected from the family." Her lips frown downward. She blinks continuously to make her tears disappear. "But actually he was trying so hard to not lose another woman of his life. And I was being bad and judgemental. He had lost mom but he had another chance and I hated him for taking that chance. I even doubted his love for my grandma." She lowers her head, clutching the ice-cream bar.

I hesitantly place my hand around her shoulder and pull her for a hug. "It's normal to dislike your dad if he doesn't give you the attention and care that you wanted. And you must be really young to think that way. It's fine now. I hope that he understands that you're the only thing that your mom left for him." She sobs quietly on my hold.

I feel relieved after telling her my story too. I haven't told that to anyone except Mark and Somi. Why am I behaving this way? Do I like her? No, I don't. I just pity her. Yes, I pity her. I quickly break the hug and rush to my room without saying anything. Closing the door, I lean against it and exhale out. Why am I so nervous around her? I shake my thoughts off and step in my bathroom for shower and get ready for bed.

I lay on the bed and stare at the ceiling. What's with her and Jaemin? Are they dating or something? I don't need to know the whereabouts of that punk! I just hope he's not using her to make me suffer. Because he'll fail as always. I pull the cover over my body and fall asleep after sometime.

+Next day+

I enter the college and head towards my first class. Stepping inside, I see y/n sitting on the last bench with her eyes on the books. She always used to sit on the first bench and would be late for class. I shrug it off and walk to my seat beside her. She raises her head towards me and her eyes widen. "You're in this class too?" I nod my head and look at the front as the teacher enters. It's been 8 months but she didn't know or is she pretending to not know? I might never know. I peek at her. She's actually taking notes and concentrating. She turns her head towards me and I snap my eyes at the front before she can catch me staring at her. Surprisingly she asks me a question and I give her the answer.

Your POV

The whole period, he was just blank towards me. Aren't we friends at least? What happened to yesterday's talks? Ignore him, y/n. But how can I when he's right beside me? I try to concentrate on the lesson

After some periods, I head towards the library. Walking down the hallway, I step on a single tile at one time. I wanna call dad but I don't want to.

"Look who's here? The nerdy girl." I stop on my tracks as three pairs of shoes come into my view. Looking up from the floor, I'm met with a smirking Jaemin with two new faces. Where are his old fellows? I clench my fists and step aside for them to pass by. But when they don't budge, I look at Jaemin. "You may pass." I say in monotone. He glares at me and takes a step towards me. "What did I say about talking like that?" He tilts his head and snickers. "Is your cut healed? Want a new one?" I shake my head and just stare at him. Why was I ever afraid of this douchebag? Oh it's because he used his physical strength whenever I tried to fight back.