Part 12

Your POV

I wait for the impact, closing my eyes. He has done many things while bullying but punching was never in the list. I open my eyes as I hear gasps and loud thuds. "Jungkook…" I whisper, surprised as he's beating Jaemin who's on the floor. I see the students gathering around us. Panicking I call out his name but he doesn't hear me.

"Jungkook!" I grab his arm as he's about to land his fist on Jaemin's face. He snaps his head back at me. His hard look softens as if realising that it's me. "Are you alright?" He throws Jaemin on the floor and stands in front of me. He looks at my face and arm for any harms but sighs in relief when I'm alright.

"Yes. But not him." I say indicating to Jaemin who's struggling to stand with his friends' help. "Let's go before any teacher comes here." I blurt out as the thought of him getting into mess crosses my mind. I grab his hand and drag him while pushing through the crowd of students.

"Thank you." I say as we stop on our tracks. I look at the floor, not knowing what to say. I couldn't stand for myself. "I'm sorry that I didn't know you were going through all this for months." He scratches the back of his neck and awkwardly looks at me. I hum at his words. "It's not your fault. And don't be sorry. It's not like you were responsible for taking care of me" I say truthfully. He's just a roommate of mine. A cold one, though. "I liked the way you stood for yourself." He says and I snap my head towards him. "I didn't." He sighs and smiles at me. "Only you are oblivious." He takes a step towards me.

"I'm not a punching bag." I snort at his words. I may have said it but it was not enough. "It was useless." I nod at myself and he shakes his head. "Nope. It just flustered him, you could see that easily" He speaks and I nod at him. "Just like you were yesterday." I cover my mouth as he looks at me with widened eyes.
"Gotta go. Somewhere. Down there. I mean up." I shake my head at my own words and rush towards my class. This is so embarrassing.

And is he bipolar or something? I'm sure he has a twin who becomes sweet like this in times and then the real him which is as cold as the North pole. Which one is real him? Cold as the North pole? What the? I could have thought about ice.

+Some days later+

The vacation started today. Surprisingly I never saw Jaemin after that incident. Could life be that way everyday? But Jungkook has stopped talking to me. Not that I want him to talk to him. The words of that cold yet bunny like creature hurt a lot. And I'm literally hanging in confusion. He really said that he liked me, right? 'Why do I even like you?' were his words. What if it was actually, why do I even fight you? Maybe I heard wrong. Oh it might be that.

I step out of my bathroom and throw myself on the bed. Wahhhh, can't wait to live alone here for the whole vacation. Jungkook might go to his house today. And I can rule this house.

I walk to the kitchen and pour myself some cereal and milk. I hope I had a girl roommate who was close to me. We could watch movies all night. We could go shopping during holidays. We could even prepare delicious foods as she would teach me. I sigh at my imagination #friendshipgoals. Raising my head, I see Jungkook step out of his room just in sweatpants. His hair ruffled and eyes squinted like he just woke up. I can see those abs plated on his abdomen which are staring back at me in glory.

Involuntarily, I scream and lay my head down on the counter. "Why are you naked?" I yell and cover my ears. I hear muffled sounds. After some minutes, with me still laying my head down on the table, I feel a tap on my head. Lifting my head, I raise a brow at Jungkook who's standing in front of me. He chuckles and removes my hands from my ears. "I was not naked. Were you covering your ears because they can see?" A laugh escapes his lips.