Chapter Twenty-Three

Warning: plot twist

Rose's POV

I called his name out a couple of times but he didn't stop. I pushed the people aside afraid that something bad was going to happen to him. I was stopped when Lily grabbed my arm.

"I need to tell you something." I looked at Lily for a brief second and back to where I thought was Elliot but it wasn't. He wasn't there, where did he go?

"Lily, is it important because I have to-"

"It's important Rose. I overheard your mother talking to Ava; I suggest you go talk to your mother right now." Lily said seriously. I studied her face carefully and she only used that tone with me when she had to tell me something serious. Why was my mother talking to Ava?

"Where are they?" I asked.

"Upstairs in the locked room," she said emphasizing locked. My eyebrows furrowed. What were they doing their most importantly why was Ava there. I was never allowed to be in that room so why is Ava there? Mom and Dad both made it clear to me that I wasn't allowed to go there for one reason and that's because it was related to work. I respected their decision but when I was younger I didn't I tried to sneak into the room only to find it locked.

I even stole the keys to that room but I got caught. The next day I stood in front of that door only to find I had tried to sneak three more locks and they made sure to hide the keys. Ever since that day I had given up. Lily knew about that room because she had asked me about it and we've called it the locked room ever since then.

Lily grabbed my hand and pushed me out of the crowed, taking me up the stairs. We walked down the hall hurriedly and stopped in front of the door. All three locks were opened and we could hear voices coming from the door.

"What did you overhear?" I asked.

Lily looked at me contemplating whether or not she should tell me, "Andre. Just say the name." I nodded unsure as to what that meant. I pushed the door open without knocking and was in shock. What the hell is this? My parents were sitting down on the chair as Ava stood up. My mother was crying for some reason as my father comforted her.

"Andre," I said the name. All three eyes looked at me and they widened. I looked around the room why the hell was this all here? And why was Ava allowed to be here? My mother's eyes widened and so did my Fathers.

"She knows?" Ava asked my mother.

Although I didn't know I found myself saying, "I do." I stared at them to see if their expressions would change and they did. My mother and father's expressions stayed the same while Ava's face went pale.

"I'm sorry we didn't tell you. Your father has been helping us this entire time. We wanted to tell you once we found- but she found me and now-" she stopped talking and sobbed. My eyebrows furrowed. What did she mean when she found me?

"We looked everywhere, even the orphanages near London," my mother said with an accent. My eyes widened as she was faking her English accent this whole entire time. She must have been concealing it but her American accent was so good but why did she hide it from me?

"I lied. I wasn't sure if you were going to tell me the truth but now you have to tell me. Why do you have an English accent? Who is Andre? And what are you hiding from me?" I asked. My eyes teared up, this whole entire time I thought that we were a normal family from a small town but it was all a lie.

"Okay," she sighed and ran her hand down her face while nodding.

"I'm from England and I was born and raised there up until the age 23. I got married because of my parents and it was arranged but shortly after my husband passed away leaving me pregnant. I didn't have a job and so I couldn't pay for the house or the bills. His family took the money and made sure I didn't get anything. I didn't have anything and I lived on the streets. I met two men, a couple, who really wanted a child.

They came to England especially to adopt a child. I thought about it and I knew that I couldn't take care of the both of us. I didn't want my child to suffer, I wanted my child to be healthy. After giving birth I gave them my child and it hurt a lot but I knew it was the right decision. I moved to the states and that's where I met your father.

He found me at the airport and took me in because he knew I had nothing. He gave me clothes, food, and a new life. He said that he fell in love with me at first sight and I didn't believe him at first because we barely knew each other. I told him about my past and he accepted it and then I had you."

I took a deep breath and nodded. This was a lot to take in. She was married and had a child who- I looked at Ava it was all starting to make sense. She's the child but I thought it was Andre.

"Who's Andre?" I asked maybe it's someone else. Was it her first husband?

"He's standing right in front of you. She goes by Ava now," mother said.

I looked at Ava and she let out a small smile, "I'm your older brother but I prefer to be called older sister." I took a deep breath and wiped my tears away. This was too much for me.

"I just need a minute," I said.

"Honey," mother said but I shook my head back and forth. With that I turned around and walked away. I closed the door and stood in front of it. She had lied to me my entire life but she had a reason too. I shut my eyes tightly and sighed.

"There you are," Ty said. I opened my eyes and both Ty and Lily were standing in front of me. I stood up straight and asked, "Is everything okay?"

Ty sighed and ran his hand and threw his hair frustratedly, "Where is Eli? Did he tell you anything?" My eyes widened realizing that he had left.

"Oh god. I have to find him," I said.

"Did Eli y'all you anything Rose I need to know," Ty said slightly angered. Why is he looking for him? I had a feeling something bad was happening.

"He told me he wanted to break up with me. Then he said he was going somewhere far away to a different country," I said. Ty's eyes widened and he shook his head back and forth muttering no over and over again.

"Oh god. He isn't going anywhere. Shit I knew I shouldn't have left him alone today," Ty said. He grabbed his phone and called Eli but he didn't pick up.

"It's on voicemail shit, shit, shit." I furrowed my eyebrows at Ty and took a step forward.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Ty looked at me and said, "Today's his father's death anniversary and I am afraid he might do something to himself because of his depression. I have to go find him now before he does something to himself."