Chapter Twenty-Five

A year and a half later

Rose's POV

After my mother had found me in the bathtub drowning myself so that I could remember Elliot. I was sent to the hospital, after having a checkup, they had sent me to a group home and made me see a therapist. After being in denial for a couple of months I had accepted the fact that Elliot was dead.

I haven't talked to Tyler or Lily ever since that day. I've recieved letters from them but I haven't responded to them. I couldn't find myself to; I haven't skated and I'm not sure if I will. I finished school online for the past couple of weeks and I had received the letters for the university that Elliot and I wanted to go to. We both had gotten accepted.

I ended up taking a gap year to the incident. I had recovered rather quickly because deep down I knew the truth and I had accepted it. I sat down writing Elliot letters every single day; It was really hard because everytime I would I'd cry. Now it's slowly getting better but there isn't a single day where I don't miss him.

I found out that Elliot had interheted his depression from his father. He had journals written about each and every day how he wanted to be happy but he couldn't. He always thought positively but his depression had gotten worse throughout the years making it harder for him.

I had reached out to Elliot's siblings while I was in rehab and told them what happened. No one was allowed to go to his funeral besides his family members. They weren't aware about what happened to Elliot. Their mother stopped drinking. I remember talking to her about Eli and she cried. It was the first time she said that she had cried in a very long time. She went to rehab and recently got out of it. She realized the mistake that she had made and she reunited with her children.

It was one of Elliot's wishes that he had written down on a paper before he passed away. The past month I've been fulfilling every wish Elliot has had. The last one was to bid him goodbye and that's what I am doing right now. I understood what he meant when he said he wanted to leave and wanted to go somewhere far away.

I sat down in the tub, the water filled up to my shoulders. The same ice cold water I had dragged Elliot out of. I watched Elliot on the other side staring right back at me. He looked different this time. He looked the same when I had found his body in the tub, he was pale, cold, and lifeless.

"Are you ready?" He asked softly.

"I am," I said while nodding. I laid my head back against the tub and I closed my eyes and muttered, "Goodbye." I opened my eyes to find a smiling Elliot and with that I watched him slowly disappear from my sight.

END OF PART ONE

THE STORY HAS JUST BEGUN...

a/n: When I'm done with my other story I will come back to this one edit and add more scenes. I will announce when part two will be released.