1: COLD AS ICE

Warnings: mentions of sexual situations, violence, guns, and drugs, read with caution

Rosalind shot up, hearing the front door slam shut. She reached under her pillow, gripping her gun in her hands. She raised it to her bedroom door with two hands, one eye closed as she focused. Her breathing sped up as she heard the heavy footsteps on the stairs.

The door swung open and Rosalind cocked the gun. "Fuck!" Niall yelled, holding his chest. "Would ya put that fucking thing away? Jesus Christ Roz."

"What the fuck are you doin here!" She breathed out, shoulders relaxing.

"I came to see you, ya fuckin maniac," Niall muttered. "It's been days since I've heard from you. I thought you were sleeping with the fish or summat."

Rosalind put the gun down, letting out a breath. She put it in her bedside table, settling back into bed. "You don't have to worry about me."

"Like hell," Niall muttered, sliding into bed beside her. "What's happened?"

"Nothings happened," Rosalind mumbled, letting him wrap his arms around her waist. "Can we not talk business for one second?"

"Christ," Niall muttered. "I need to know what's going on. How'd the deal with Rogers go?"

"It went fine," Rosalind grumbled. "You'll have your money in the morning. His partner is taken care of."

"You know messing with the feds is messy shit," Niall murmured, lips brushing against her bare shoulder.

Rosalind let out a sigh, eyes slipping shut. "I fucking know. You pushed me to do it. Don't act like you're not getting anything out of this."

"I'm not actin like anything I just..." Niall trailed off. "Do you have my back?"

"Yes I fucking have your back," Rosalind grunted, rolling over to face him. She looked him in the eyes, hand reaching out to brush over the scruff on his cheek. "You have mine?"

"Yes," Niall murmured. "I always do."

"Okay," Rosalind whispered. "No more business talk in bed, then."

"Can't not talk about it, it's always on my mind," Niall muttered tilting his head into her touch. "Just like you. Think about you all the time."

"Lover, please," Rosalind murmured. "We agreed."

"I know," Niall sighed, rolling his eyes. "This wasn't supposed to be permanent."

Rosalind hummed in agreement, nodding. She slid her hand up, pushing through his disheveled hair. Niall wrapped his hand around her thigh, pulling her leg over his hip. Rosalind let out a sharp breath as his lips found their way to her neck.

"Roz, baby," Niall murmured against her skin.

"Don't Roz baby me," Rosalind mumbled, though her eyes slipped shut at the way his teeth grazed against the column of her throat. Niall gripped her thighs, pulling her impossibly close. Rosalind pushed away from him sharply.