8: IF YOU WANT MY LOVE YOU GOT IT

Warnings: contains violence, sexual situations, drug use and strong language

After a particularly emotional therapy session, Rosalind had her sights set on a bottle of wine and a blunt in bed with the lights off

After a particularly emotional therapy session, Rosalind had her sights set on a bottle of wine and a blunt in bed with the lights off. It was her intention to do that alone and think about things that she'd been repressing, such as her feelings for one Niall Horan.

Rosalind had stopped at the liquor store, grabbing a few bottles for her and her future self. As Rosalind got back in the car, she gripped the steering wheel imagining a different reality. In this one, she was going home to Niall who'd already had dinner made when Rosalind worked late. He'd kiss her in front of the stove, soft and sweet and then he'd tell her he missed her, ask about her day.

It sent a pain through her she'd been feeling since the night everything changed with Niall. Rosalind was tired of this life. She had thoughts about getting out. They were always followed by feelings of intense guilt and she pushed them away. The feelings and thoughts.

Before Rosalind could pull out of the parking spot in front of the liquor store, her phone rang. She reached for it, holding her breath. It was Luca. She answered it, pressing the phone to her ear, "yeah?"

"Roz," he murmured, voice quiet. "We need you to come to-to our meeting place."

"I'll be there in ten," Rosalind told him. She didn't hesitate. And maybe that was the problem. Rosalind was not in a good mental state to be dealing with work emergencies. She knew this. It didn't stop her from trying, though.

When Rosalind got to the shop, she saw only Luca and Gio's cars in the back. That was a somewhat good sign. She stepped out of the car, locking it behind her.

Rosalind walked into the shop, slipping silently into the back office. She locked the door behind her. "What's going on?" She asked, a tiredness to her voice that she couldn't mask.

"So a few weeks ago," Luca began to explain. "We put a bug in Mario's apartment. Honestly, I didn't think we'd get very much- if anything at all."

"Okay," Rosalind answered slowly, sitting down at the table. Her eyes flicked between Gio and Luca. She could tell from the look on their faces it wouldn't be good.

"From what we can gather," Luca explained, "is that he'd been selling- or trying to sell to your guys. They were setups. The plan was to get some of them on drug charges, I guess."

"For fucks sake," Rosalind muttered, rubbing her forehead. "Any of them bite?"

"Lanzo did," Gio told her, shaking his head. "He called me from county telling me Mario put him there. He was a mess. I couldn't gather what he was saying but first thing tomorrow I'm going out to see him."

"Fuck," Rosalind mumbled. "Was there anything on the tapes you got?"

"Just Falco coming over to yell at him a couple times. Nothing bad," Luca shook his head. "Roz, I hate to say it but I think it might be time."