Chapter three: Tanjiro's encouragement

4:30 Am

Aoi's eyes opened and she took a few seconds to realise where she was. She looked to her side and saw Inosuke lying there. She was in absolute shock. Nothing happened right? She remembered falling asleep while writing her notes into Inosuke's book. Did he put me here? She thought to herself. Aoi slowly got up to avoid waking Inosuke, she grabbed her school bag and quickly left his house. Aaah how embarrassing I slept next to a boy! The sun was almost up and she ran home from there.

At home it was quiet, she shared a bedroom with Kanao where Kanae Kocho and Shinobu Kocho also live. Aoi, Kanao, and the Kocho sisters don't live in the city so when Aoi and Kanao got accepted into Kimetsu Gakuen Kanae and Shinobu offered to take them in so that it would be easier for them to attend school.

Aoi tiptoed as slowly as she could and quietly opened her and Kanao's room. Kanao was peacefully sleeping and Aoi quietly changed. Even though she had to wake up in 3 hours she still decided to sleep.

Inosuke woke up an hour after Aoi had left he touched the empty spot in his bed. He sat up, and realised that she must have left. A smirk appeared on his face, so she's embarrassed huh. Inosuke snapped out of it. This feeling it was coming back to him again he still doesn't know why he feels this way towards her. Sure, he's heard of the soulmates thing but really doesn't believe it.

Aoi entered the classroom to see Inosuke picking fights with random people.

" OH MY GOD SO I CAN'T ENTER THE CLASSROOM ONE DAY TO SEE YOU SITTING PEACEFULLY IN YOUR CHAIR!", Aoi screamed at him.

" SHUT UP TWIN TAILS!", he screamed back.

" I see you are yourself again today", she said coldly.

" Ugh whatever!", he yelled. Inosuke took his seat annoyed.

He looked across the room to see Aoi chatting with some classmates.

" Everything about that girl annoys me", he muttered when in reality he felt something for her.

" Okay class today I'll be handing back your english tests", Miss Kanroji said sweetly to her class. She handed each of them their papers.

Aoi was very disappointed with her grade and wished she'd studied harder. The rest of the class time Aoi kept that disappointed look on her face. Inosuke walked over to her and snatched her paper.

" Wow Oili I thought you were smart this grade says otherwise", Inosuke cackled.

Aoi didn't yell at him, she thought he was right. Tanjiro snatched the paper back from Inosuke and scolded him for saying that. He knelt down in front of Aoi's desk and smiled at her.

" Aoi is very smart, don't let this discourage you. Aoi you can do better, you are amazing, talented, and beautiful just remember that okay", he said softly.

Aoi's face lit up, he was the first boy who spoke to her like that. She was deeply touched and Tanjiro took both her hands which made her blush at the gesture.

" You can do it!", he said softly.

He placed her paper on her desk and walked back to his seat. Aoi's face was still red as she was shocked. Inosuke didn't like what just happened at all, he angrily stormed out of class. Aoi smiled for the rest of the day thinking about what Tanjiro had said to her.

Afterschool

Aoi and Kanao were called to Shinobu's office.

" As you know the winter dance is coming up so I want you girls to start preparations, first print flyers and hang them all over the school to let the students know the dance is coming up", she said to them.

" Yes Shinobu-sama", the girls said and walked out to start making the flyers.

Along the way they saw Tanjiro and Aoi's face lit up again.

" Aoi, Kanao hello", Tanjiro said to them.

" Hello Tanjiro", Aoi said and smiled.

" Hello", Kanao said softly.

Tanjiro left and Aoi started feeling butterflies in her stomach. She just couldn't stop thinking about him no matter what she does. She wondered if she liked him and she wondered if he could be her soulmate. Maybe she should talk to Tanjiro later, but another thought came in her mind. She had to watch Inosuke in detention today!

She walked to the room and of course Inosuke was late so she just quietly sat down and started her homework. Ten minutes later Inosuke walked in.

" You're late", she said. He didn't reply and just angrily took his seat. She walked over to him with a paper.

" Come on now write what you've done today to deserve detention ten times". She noticed a red bruise on his arm.

" Inosuke are you hurt?", she asked as he looked at the bleeding bruise.

" It's nothing", he said.

" What do you mean it's nothing, it's bleeding and you need to be treated!"Aoi said, with a worried expression.

She walked to her bag and took out a medical kit. She walked back to him and held his hand out. She proceeded to treat his wound. Inosuke watched her concentrated face, when she was down she looked straight in his eyes and smiled. He could feel his face heating up. They were so close and in an instant Inosuke kissed her forehead. He'd realised what he'd done and got up to face the wall embarrassed. Aoi was visibly shocked by what just happened as well.

" Iao or whatever I'm leaving early today", he said and left.

Aoi didn't say anything and she was still embarrassed by what happened. THAT BASTARD! WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT! I..IM SURE IT MEANT NOTHING! These thoughts raced through Aoi's head for the remainder of the day.

Hope you guys liked this chapter starting from next chapter it will get more interesting and intense hehe