Chapter Six: The mark

Today was the day Inosuke decided he was going to ask Aoi. He assured himself that after the dance these feelings will soon fade. He was sure of it! He brought her some flowers he pulled out of the fields on his way to school. She cannot resist this! He found her decorating the school gym with a few other students. This better work he skipped a whole class for this! Which he shouldn't have done but still. He approached her and tapped her on the shoulder, she turned around and again he saw her beautiful eyes.

" What do you want?"she asked annoyed.

" Can I uhh talk to you?", he asked nervously.

" Sure I suppose", she said and walked out of the gym.

He followed her, flowers in hand. He pushed the flowers against her chest. She was shocked but still accepted them.

" Are these for me?", she asked.

" Well y-yeah", he replied embarrassed.

His heart was beating really fast and he couldn't even look at her face.

" So uh what did you want to tell me?", she asked.

" You know that dance or whatever", he said calmly.

" The winters dance?"

" Yeah that, so are you going with someone or", he said.

" No one has asked me yet", she said.

" No one will probably ask you cause you're really ugly and mean so consider this a favor I'll take you to the dance so you won't be lonely", he said.

Aoi didn't expect Inosuke to ask her even if he did call her ugly and mean.

" Sure I guess", she said and Inosuke was overjoyed.

" AHAHAHA", he screamed and ran across the halls.

" HEY NO RUNNING!", she screamed but he was already gone.

Aoi chuckled, so he does have this side of him.

Inosuke noticed something on his wrist as he was walking. It was a mark. It was a beautiful blue butterfly tied with a boar mask? He couldn't stop admiring it. Of course he'd heard of the soulmate mark, but he'd never really believed it. Had he fallen in love? With who? With Aoi? Could it be? These questions raced through his mind. Does Aoi have the same mark? Is she his soulmate? Inosuke didn't know how to feel about this. He wanted to clarify his feelings for her at the dance but has it already been confirmed?

I'm so sorry for the short chapter
:( Yes Inosuke got his soulmate mark, but will Aoi? The next chapter will be a long one!