Chapter Eight: Two broken

Aoi walked outside to find Tanjiro sitting out there. She took a seat beside him.

" Oh hello Aoi-chan", he said and smiled.

" What are you doing here alone Tanjiro?", she asked.

" Just for some air I guess", he said.

" Ah", she said.

Is this the right time? Should she tell him now? Her heart was beating really fast.

" Tanjiro", she said and he looked at her.

" Ever since I met you I always knew I felt something, and over time I realised that maybe I've fallen in love with you", she blurted out.

Tanjiro was visibly shocked, that's when Aoi's eyes found his mark. A beautiful flower tied with a black and green kimono pattern.

" you've found your soulmate?" she asked.

" Aoi I am grateful that you developed these feelings for me, but yes I have found my soulmate, it's Kanao", he replied.

Those words stung Aoi, her heart hurt. She felt embarrassed and ashamed of herself. She should have known instead of observing she carelessly confessed. Was she angry at them? How could she be angry at them, Kanao was her best friend and she hoped they would be happy together but deep down she was broken.

"maybe I've fallen in love with you", he heard her say.

Inosuke was standing to a corner as he watched them. He couldn't process what just happened, but he couldn't stand here a second longer either. He ran as fast as he could away from all of this away from everything. He stopped to catch his breath. Of course! Why would she ever like him? How could he get his hopes up like that. He was sure he'd fallen in love with her but now he doesn't know what to feel. Tanjiro was probably her soulmate and he was a lost case.

That night two hearts were broken.

This chapter was so short yet so sad, what did you guys think of it? I'm also open to any constructive criticism and suggestions.