8. The Twins (part 1)

Smoke everywhere in the night sky. Yong lying in the ground witnesses war.

The spoils of war and the present chaos of it all infront of his eyes. He gets up to look around. A missile from above coming at him makes him run ahead. It drops a bit behind him, the impact of it throws him at the ground again. Struggling in pain he sees someone injured and moving beside the pile of dead soldiers. He runs to him to help him. Because of the smoke he couldn't see the face but as he gets closer he sees someone he recognizes.

Yong sits by the soldier. The soldier a 18-19 year oldboy. His leg slaughtered, face covered with blood and cinder. He tries to talk to Yong he grabs his hand and gestures him not to as tear drips from their eyes over the cinder on their faces. He Carrie's him to a safe distance from the war and makes him lean against a wall.

" BaekDong, Don't cry. Hyung will be back."

He runs around to find help. Suddenly a few streets away he sees a strange herbal medicine shop. The shop from outside looked small but surprisingly it was bigger inside then he expected.

"I knew you would come I was waiting."

He hears a voice of an elderly woman behind him. Turning around he sees the owner of it and the owner of the shop as she introduces herself.

"I am Mago the owner of this shop."

" My brother...his leg has been slaughtered and he has lost a lot of blood... Please help him...I feel clueless...I feel all of it is my fault"

" It is your fault..."

Hearing her sudden statement confuses him.

"...But unlike others you'll be able to reverse your sin. Not just BaekDong but everyone you've wronged but everything comes with a price. Are you willing to pay for it?"

 Are you willing to pay for it?"

" ...anything, tell me."
His pause shows Mago the fear of unknown in his heart but also the his courage through it.

Yong follows her in her medicine celler. He sees colorful cristal bottles of various shapes, herbs and other things looking around. She gets a purple cristal bottle. He grabs the bottle in hurry.
"Should I feed it to him or put it on the wound."

"That's not for him but for you."

He gets confused over her words. Seeing his face she takes the bottle back but he masters up his courage and drinks the medicine.

"You won't have to anything, it's all done.Go on... you can help get rid of the pain."

Without wasting a single moment he runs to BaekDong. He was still there sitting where was supposed to. Yong helps him stand putting his weight on his shoulder and they walks ahead. As he walks ahead he notices an injured man walking normally. What surprises him more is that he sees the same man a little ahead dead. He gets goosebumps as he looks at it close. Suddenly BaekDong makes them stop walking.
Yong looks at him and sees a smile at his face.