2

Mateo Haynes

                      It's been two weeks since Giovanni screenshot Anika's IG profile and sent it to me. Since then I have been stalking her page. Well that's what Gio called it and I can't say he's wrong. I went as far as her 2018 posts which is where it stopped. She didn't post much and most posts were motivational quotes and pictures of a dog. There were a few with her and her sisters.

She looked even more beautiful. Her light brown curly hair was much longer now. I smile at the picture remembering how she always had a hard time taming it and how she would pout and stomp over to me when she got irritated with it.

Her big light brown eyes still had that kindness in them, the smile she wore was beautiful and contagious.

The next picture I came across almost gave me a heart attack. In the picture you could not see much of her face because she was looking down with her curls more on display, in her arms she held a young baby.

I relax when I read the caption and saw that she tagged her elder sister. 'Finally Akira Atias turned me into an aunt'

The thought of her starting a family with another man broke my heart, though I guess I would deserve it for almost cheating on her.

She deserve a better man, a man who would not even think of hurting her.

I sigh, this is not healthy. I have work to do instead of stalking my ex wife, I thought.

Just as I was getting ready to stop scrolling through her pictures I realize that she posted a recent. I view the picture, she tagged a hotel in London. She wore a blue flight attendant uniform, her hair was in a neat low bun and she stood holding the handle of a black suitcase and a black coat hang on her another arm.

I couldn't stop myself, she reminded me of how good my life would be if I wasn't an asshole to her. I remember she was going to college to become a family therapist I wonder why she choose being a FA instead.

'Still as beautiful as the day I met you, moonshine'

I read what I commented over and over again. Why did I do it?  She is living her life and I should let her enjoy it.

I was about to delete it but I pause, my finger hovering over the screen. What if she saw it and I go ahead and delete it, what would she think then?

Luckily before I could give myself a headache thinking about one comment Giovanni Haynes, my cousin interrupt my thoughts.

"I see you're serious about moving back to NYC," he says looking at the few things I had my maid pack.

I kept moving back and forth to L.A and NYC which was depleting my time and energy. I own thirty five percent of Giovanni's company all because of a bet I won and a house from my other cousin Bentley Haynes which would be the reason why I'm still here in L.A. I prefer New York and that is one of the  reasons I'm moving back there. 

Luca was born and raised by his late father in NYC and that is where his Aunt, Gio and Bentley mother lives. It would only be right to bring him back there.

I nod, "The maid will be staying at the house, keeping it in order until I visit again."

"I'm going to miss having you here man."

I grin at him, "I know, if it wasn't for me you wouldn't have that amazing woman in your life."

"You're right and I am grateful for Ciara."

I pat his shoulder before pulling him in a man hug, "I told you she would be your end game and yeah I'll miss seeing your ugly face every other day."

Anika Vargas