Fresh start

*a week later*

Monse POV:
I excitedly wake up by my alarm. I check my phone and my reminder pops up; CESAR OUT OF HOSPITAL DAY! I grin at my screen. My dad had another long haul so I made myself some breakfast, got ready and headed over to Ruby's house.

I knock on the door repeatedly until Geny, Ruby's mom answers the door.

"BABY GIRL!! MONSE!! ITS BEEN FOREVER!" she yells and hugs me tightly. Ruby comes out of his room and then- so does Jasmine. I chuckle at seeing the two together. Geny pulls away from the hug.

"HEY YOU TWO GET BACK HERE" Geny ran towards the twins who were playing ping pong with her sandals. Ruby, Jasmine and I look at each other and start to laugh. Jamal then barges through the door.

"my dad said I could use his car!" Jamal exclaims, excited to drive us.

"what are we waiting for? LETS GO!'' I say loudly. We all hop in the car and drive over to the hospital. When we get there we run into the main entrance, and the secretary just nods and lets us go. She could recognize us instantly because we've been here for Cesar so often. We all sprint up the stairs and burst into room 401, with Oscar already there. I see Cesar, changed into *actual*clothes. I haven't seen him in non gang-related clothing in YEARS. He looks- happy. I smile at the new Cesar. We all go up to hug him.

"Easy, i'm still pretty badly bruised guys" he laughed.

"sorry!" I say. "I'm just so excited to see you!"

"oh baby" he whispered "let's not get excited just yet, just wait till we're alone.." he smirks at me. God, I am so turned on right now.

"um..anyways hermano I should take you home" Oscar says- breaking the tension.

"aww" we all say in unison.

Oscar shakes his head. "Why dont you all come with me, I can show you around the neighborhood and I can cook dinner." he asks.

I nod, "I'd love too!"

Jasmine, Ruby and Jamal look at each other and then look back at Oscar. "uh sorry bud, we'd love to but uh we have something to do-" Jamal says quickly. I raise my eyebrows at them and Ruby sneakily winks at me.

"they can get a tour another day" I say suspicious of what they have planned.

"alright" Oscar says. "to my car!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After we finally get to Oscar's place, both mine and Cesar's mouths drop. Oscars house is decently big, it has beautiful blue doors and matching windows along the house, as well as white walls and a dark brown coloured roof. He parks in his garage.

"welcome to my casa or our casa, now" he grins and looks at Cesar who is at a loss for words.

"so- how about that tour then" I ask Oscar. He nods and motions for us to follow. He shows us the kitchen, the three bathrooms, his room, his kids room, the living room, and finally Cesar's room. He opens the door and Cesar gasps. I know he loves it. He walks in his room. It has blueprints scattered across the walls, with a queen size bed with white covers and a desk with a laptop.

"i- thank you Oscar" Cesar says and then hugs his brother. I love seeing him this happy.

"OSCAR BABY- WE NEED-" A woman walks in Cesar's room, shes pregnant and has long wavy dark brown hair, brown eyes and tanned skin. Oscar goes up and kisses her while touching her belly. I wonder if that will be Cesar and I one day..

"This is Cesar and Monse" Oscar says, introducing us. "This is Lina, my wife".

"nice to meet you, Cesar I am so glad you are staying with us! You'll be able to bond with your nephew and I know it'll be super fun!" Lina says dramatically. I can tell why Oscar chose her, they balance each other out-perfectly.

"Nice to meet you too" Cesar says, grinning from ear to ear.

"Anyways, baby we need to go for a Costco run- care to join?" Lina asks Oscar.

"Yea for sure, why don't we take Angel with us too- speaking of-"

"HI I'M ANGEL! I HEARD YOU ARE MY UNCLE?" Angel says excitedly. Cesar smiles and hugs him.

"Yea, I'm your uncle, its nice to meet you Angel" Cesar grins.

"Angel, my boy" Oscar picks him up. "Want to go to Costco? We can get your favorite snacks!"

"YES LET'S GO!" Angel yells.

"Alright, if you need anything- text me hermano" Oscar says. "see you in two hours."

As they left, Cesar and I looked at each other mischievously, knowing exactly what was about to happen.