Brentwood

Monse POV
I woke up on a blanket outside, with cesars broad arms wrapped around me. I smile at him and lightly kiss his jawline. He slowly opens his eyes and smiles.
"Good morning beautiful"
"Good morning" I say back. He carefully sits up and brings my face to his as he kisses me. I kiss him back softly knowing we shouldn't start anything right now. I pull away and grin.
"One more kiss?" Cesar asks while pouting.
"Maybe another time" I say smiling. I quickly check my phone. 9am? Shit. I look at Cesar and he checks his phone too.
"Shit we have to leave in an hour" he gasps. We both get up and bring our belongings inside. We quickly change and find the kitchen.
"Good morning love birds" Oscar says while making breakfast. Angel is waiting quietly as the table and Lina is getting spices from the counter.
"Good morning Oscar" Cesar says warmly smiling.
"Good morning Lina and angel" he says as well.
"Alright breakfast is ready" Oscar says while bringing a large platter of fluffy blueberry pancakes topped with butter and syrup. My stomach growls from the sight. Cesar and I gladly dig in quickly. In the midst of everyone talking I cheekily snake my head on his thigh. He looks at me and grins. Soon, we hear a doorbell and realize it's time to go.
"Thank you for breakfast Oscar" I say as Cesar and I head towards the door. Jamal barges on with ruby behind him.
"MORNING BITCHACHOS" Jamal exclaims pulling us both in for a hug. I chuckle at his energy.
"Are you ready for this monse? We can always postpone." Ruby says seriously as Jamal pulls away.
"I'm ready as I'll ever be" Cesar rubs my back.
"Time to go people we don't have all day!" Jasmine shouts from the car.
"Technically we do" Ruby says mocking her. We all laugh as jasmine drives to Brentwood. I couldn't be more nervous.

——

Driving up to Brian's house, it seemed the same. The white plastered brick walls and the tall roof all reminded me of my time spent here, but they also remind me of Julia. Though we had a complicated relationship, I always loved her. She was my mom and nothing could erase that fact. That's why when I looked at the house, it seemed similar but as if something was missing.

"Alright, let's do this" Jasmine said. She gave me a quick hug before her and the crew exited the car.

———-

"Wow" Brian exclaimed after he finished reading the note. "I wish I knew something monse, I really do but she never spoke about anything this serious to me nor the kids" he sighed. "If you want you and your crew can go look around in her room".

Brian seemed very calm considering he just read that his dead wife could be alive.

"Thank you Brian" I replied. I joined up with the rest of the gang as we started walking to Julia's room. I couldn't help but notice Brian's eyes following only Cesar as we were walking...

"I don't see anything" Ruby groaned. We've been searching in Julia's room for about an hour and we have yet to find anything of importance.

"Just keep looking!"cesar stated.

"Oooh! I found something" Jamal exclaimed. We all ran towards him as he was holding a... limited edition strawberry scented hand sanitizer.

"Seriously jamal??" I roll my eyes at him.

"What?! This sanitizer is one of its kind...don't mind if I do" he mumbled as he stuffed it in this pocket. I let out a dry laugh as we all continued searching for something.

"GUYS! TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!" Jasmine yelled. She was holding a hand gun- but not just any hand gun..

"That's a santos hand gun...you can see the marks on the side" cesar said in disbelief.

"Why would my mom have a santos gun? I didn't think she was involved with any gang, let alone the santos"

"I'm not sure, but we should take this gun to oscar, I'm sure he'd know more about this." Ruby added. We all agreed and stuffed the gun into Jasmine humongous purse.

"Howd it go? Did you guys find anything?" Brian asked suspiciously.

"Nope. Nothing iut of the ordinary. Thanks for letting us look though!" I reply, lying straight through my teeth.

"Are you sure?" Brian asked, this time looking at Jasmine and her purse.

"Yep! Thanks! Bye!" I said basically pushing outside the door and into the car.

That was a close one...